northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
July 8-10 Severe Threat

Hoosier

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

visible says absolutely nothing will be going up over a massive area with high likely pops less than 12 hours ago...modest bust

Yeah I think we can punt this like LOT said. Probably see a line tomorrow with the actual front.

81/76 right now. yuck.

Got just enough rain here to push it to 90% humidity... absolutely stifling. Not even enough to go out and stand in the rain to cool off. The heaviest rains missed us by about three miles to the north. We got glorified drizzle. Central AC core is froze up from all the humidity so we've been trying to deal with window fans to keep cool... it's like having steam coming in the windows.

Is that retarded cold front here yet?

We hit 88 just before the "storms" went through. Airport ASOS (less than 3mi away) says it's 73 there but IMBY it is reading 79.

I'm perfectly fine with tonight being a bust.

This will help Detroit make a last minute rally for its first 90*F high and severe weather before the cold front passes through tommorrow with ample morning sunshine.

Total forecast bust. Good thing I drove to my destination instead of waiting for storms in Iowa. I drove east, and almost the whole time I saw the mid-clouds left over from the morning convection. I didn't encounter any really hot temperatures in Iowa or Illinois.

Great work on my part... :axe:

Andy if you have one axe in your head I need two..based on what I posted at 12:46 am 07/09...I said this. 

"I completely agree with the SPC outlooks for day one, as a matter of fact, I was kind of perplexed by the afternoon day 2 outlook posted earlier on 07/08, based on the more consistent Euro output I thought the center line of the 30% risk area should run from DMX to Green Bay.  With the hatched hail risk overlaid with the 30% wind outlook I could see some wind driven 2" hail events."

When I got up this morning to approaching storms near the metro TC, I said ok the system did develop, but coming this early it should allow us to destabilize during the rest of the day.  As the Euro was depicting a surface low over the international border dragging a cold front into the TC metro area about 23z or so. 

By about 830 this morning as I was getting ready to leave for work I pulled up the visable 1km satellite from the COD site centered on MPX and it showed a nice clearing trend in SW MN that should transverse into the metro area. But at the same time I saw something disturbing around the Alexandria MN area as well, so I overlaid the wind vectors and saw a nice low pressure system near that area.  That formation was interesting as it could act to bring the frontal passage sooner than expected thus not allowing us to destabilize as most models were showing.  Sure enough, even though we saw a clearing trend in the late morning we got some good cloud cover during the afternoon.

I personally think this was big win by the 09/06z Reg Gem as it showed this.

•  P1_GZ_D5_PN_009_0000_zpsfb43c4e8.gif

Archived