12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Contest - Max Temps Monday - Wednesday - DCA

Deck Pic

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is legitimately a chance that one of the entries in this contest will be off by 35 degrees on Wed.

Tenman may be off by closer to 40 degrees on Wed.

Matt has almost certainly won this contest.  He has the highest total of anyone (he might be tied with one other but he would win the tiebreak).

I did not see a closing time until just this morning under the Thread title... I was expecting to find a time closure in the actual post and did not see one. 

No worries, I will just see how well I do by myself. :)

yeah..my bad...I should have put it in the top post....Anyway...I think you might do well...Though I dont think it is an easy forecast even from close in

Zwyts and I will tie for the win at 231 but he'll have the tiebreak. I think for him and I we should have a 1 on 1 where we reforecast the days and see who wins (he still wins this contest but something secondary would be cool)

we'll do a "re-buy" on Tuesday for Wednesday/Thursday

Zwyts and I will tie for the win at 231 but he'll have the tiebreak. I think for him and I we should have a 1 on 1 where we reforecast the days and see who wins (he still wins this contest but something secondary would be cool)

Just wanted to point out that the highest overall scores do not necesarily have to have the lowest departures...or even two scores with the same total (231).  For example, let's say person A forecasts temps of 75, 76, and 80.  Person B forecasts temps of 66, 75, and 90.  Both have total forecasted degrees of 231.  Let's say the verified temperatures came in at 79, 85, and 87.  Person A's total departure is 20 degrees.  Person B's total departure is 26 degrees.  Person A would win.

Just wanted to point out that the highest overall scores do not necesarily have to have the lowest departures...or even two scores with the same total (231).  For example, let's say person A forecasts temps of 75, 76, and 80.  Person B forecasts temps of 66, 75, and 90.  Both have total forecasted degrees of 231.  Let's say the verified temperatures came in at 79, 85, and 87.  Person A's total departure is 20 degrees.  Person B's total departure is 26 degrees.  Person A would win.

yeah...I'm doing total departure which is standard in these contests

yeah...I'm doing total departure which is standard in these contests

Total departure as in the total departure of each of the days?  Or total departure as in sum of all forecasted days vs. sum of all verified days?  I was under the impression it was the former.

yeah..my bad...I should have put it in the top post....Anyway...I think you might do well...Though I dont think it is an easy forecast even from close in

Thanks I will read better next time. I am no pro by any means, I mostly enjoy doing these to learn from. Wishing all of the rest of you the best with your guesses. :)

You are correct.  However, the assumption being made this time is that everyone is going to bust low, daily.  That would mean highest total guess will be the one that is lowest total departure.

Archived