Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Countdown to Fall 2013

ineedsnow

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I keep watching the predicted lows - Friday we've got a 59 so there's a start. Seriously I love all the great food of summer and the more relaxed pace for some days but the hazy, hot and humid combo gets old quickly. Bring on the high temps of 72.

And, no, I'm really not into hurry canes this year. :)

Baby steps - first we have to get past the climatological peak of summer which is any where from now till the end of July depending on where you are.  A few weeks past that we start seeing those swamp maples start to change and then we're on the sure road to Autumn.

For me, it can't come soon enough.

Well once we get into later October and November, we def can see some snow events. I was more talking about that 6 week period from the end of August to early October.

That's the time of year I start getting thing ready for spring & maple season.  I like to try and get done early so I'm not out there in December or January trying to setup lines.  It's a great time of year to get stuff done outside but yeah, not very exciting weather wise.

Its nice to feel the cooler wx begin to settle in during autumn, but man, its one boring meteorological period around here outside of the rare tropical cyclone.

Yeah but that 1st night when it get's into the 40's, and you know that 30's and the 1st frost can't be far....and nobody will be hyping and telling us to enjoy high dews....

Yeah but that 1st night when it get's into the 40's, and you know that 30's and the 1st frost can't be far....and nobody will be hyping and telling us to enjoy high dews....

Yeah instead its hyping winter starting on Halloween when in the real world we can often go snowless until December. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Well once we get into later October and November, we def can see some snow events. I was more talking about that 6 week period from the end of August to early October.

Its funny bc when i first moved back here i would day dream in late sept (when heat was gone) of wishing i could just go into hibernation till december. I recall that october i went to orh airport to see accum snowfall then 2 days later i went sledding at wachusett in a all out snowstorm only to return to a snow cover'd yard in burlington. amazing then that december started fast and furious in 09-10. Then we has supression depression then flooding rains. Winter went from amazing to awesome to damn just missing to ughh flooding rains

• 1 month later...

Meteorologically today is defined as the first day of autumn. Just fyi -

First day of the new ski season too...September 1st is the skiing new year. For those glacier ski areas that are open year-round, there has to be a date when operationally you switch over into the next season, and today is the date.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived