Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh/Western Pa Weather

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The rain/snow line looks to be just around Bethel Park. 

Snowing lightly here. Temp climbing to 32.7

Looking at the HRR model it looks as if the heaviest snow accumations go right through Northern Allegheny County.

Let's hope the changeover takes its time and shifts a little further south.

I have a feeling most of us will eventually be raining like a couple weeks ago. (Hope I'm wrong)

Light rain here. Picked up an inch late this morning. After all the 2-4's and 3-5's predictions before the changeover, One inch is a disappointment.  :axe: Oh well. Getting ready to watch Army-Navy at 3:00.

It looks like so far it is one of those years. If it's not a clipper then we have precip type issues.

Pretty similar here, we had a lull in the precip for about an hour, during that time it was just light flakes and sleet. I just got in from shoveling the sidewalk and its all snow again, with some big flakes coming down. I probably had about 1.5 inches, but its hard to measure now as temps are above freezing so its compacting quickly.

Edit:

I see NWS lowered totals for my area to 1-3 and now has a mention of freezing drizzle this evening.

Nice.

You have a good chance at 6" total.

I thought the changeover at noon was it down here, but at least it's been mostly snowing for a couple hrs.

Yeah, it's snowed 2" in the last two hours alone, looks like the next few hours could also see 1"/hour rates.

Some nice yellows and oranges on radar.

PBZ_loop.gif

This has really been a surprise. Since my rain post 2 hours ago I have picked up about 1.5 inches of heavy wet snow.

My temp has fallen from 34.7 to 33.6 in the last hour.

The rain/snow line seems to have stopped. I am at a high elevation and I have visibility 0.5 mile and heavy snow. 

It seems like a lot of our area has been all snow. I haven't heard from anyone south of here. How are the Bethel people doing? Rain or snow?

Archived