• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 4-6 Winter Storm

snowlover2

Verification scores would argue otherwise but I don't think anyone is buying it verbatim.

Thing is they are very misleading.  Reason i say that is because while yes they have done better AT 500MB ( global pattern overall ) i am 99.9% certain that is not the case with individual events aka storms. Unfortunately they do not keep tabs on that.

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thing is they are very misleading. Reason i say that is because while yes they have done better AT 500MB ( global pattern overall ) i am 99.9% certain that is not the case with individual events aka storms. Unfortunately they do not keep tabs on that.

Nobody's buying the UK version of this event. Just dreaming, nothing more. :)

Thing is they are very misleading. Reason i say that is because while yes they have done better AT 500MB ( global pattern overall ) i am 99.9% certain that is not the case with individual events aka storms. Unfortunately they do not keep tabs on that.

Well, I think it is not good with qpf but I'd have to double check.

Nobody's buying the UK version of this event. Just dreaming, nothing more. :)

Oh i know. Just seems that many over look that fact where those model verification scores are concerned. For most of us what matters is the event not the overall 500mb pattern of NA and or the globe.

lol

He'll never change..

So you're telling me to ignore the 18 and 0z RGEM, the 12z Euro, and the recent UKIE runs (which all show 0.25"QPF or less)?  I might be best to compromise these models with the 6-9" of the GFS and NAM.  So, in essence, I'll go with 3-6" for my first call.

Chicago Wx deserves snow right more than Milwaukee anyway, so I'll spare a couple of extra inches for his sake anyway.  Just hope this is not a total bust.

So you're telling me to ignore the 18 and 0z RGEM, the 12z Euro, and the recent UKIE runs (which all show 0.25"QPF or less)?  I might be best to compromise these models with the 6-9" of the GFS and NAM.  So, in essence, I'll go with 3-6" for my first call.

Chicago Wx deserves snow right more than Milwaukee anyway, so I'll spare a couple of extra inches for his sake anyway.  Just hope this is not a total bust.

Probably a good call, actually. 

The trend cannot be denied. 

I'd go with 4-7. 

I can't remember if that's ever happened here.

Probably: December 31, 1978 - January 1, 1979.....January 12-13, 1979 and January 23-24, 1979  did, but you are too young too remember that....I'm not though :wacko:  :rolleyes:

2/7-9/1994, 2/22-23/1994, 2/25-26/1994.

Hard to ignore the cuts in QPF by the models for MI locations. Otherwise, bumped a few...and stood pat on the others. We'll let this marinate overnight. Final tomorrow afternoon.

DBQ: 7-9"

DTW: 1-3"

FWA: 3-5"

GRR: 2-4"

LSE: 7-9"

MDW: 4-6"

MKE: 7-9"

MKG: 1-3"

MLI: 5-7"

MSN: 6-8"

ORD: 6-8"

RFD: 6-8"

SBN: 5-7"

Gonna tighten up my previous calls of 4-8" to 6-8" for here and the QC.  Really liking this system.  Really wouldn't be surprised to break the 10" mark, but definitely don't expect that. 

I've been on the LAF snow train from the beginning, and still am.  I still think they're good for a nice 3-6" snow, and possibly more if the storm wraps up even quicker.

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...MONTELLO...BERLIN...PORTAGE...WISCONSIN DELLS...BEAVER DAM...MADISON...JEFFERSON...LAKE MILLS...MONROE...JANESVILLE...BELOIT...ELKHORN...LAKE GENEVA844 PM CST SUN MAR 3 2013...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE MONDAY NIGHTTHROUGH TUESDAY EVENING...A WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE MONDAY NIGHTTHROUGH TUESDAY EVENING.* TIMING...LIGHT SNOW WILL DEVELOP TOWARD MONDAY EVENING BUT  BECOME HEAVIER LATE MONDAY NIGHT AND TUESDAY. SNOWFALL RATES  WILL VARY...BUT COULD REACH ONE INCH PER HOUR AT TIMES.* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...6 TO 10 INCHES BY TUESDAY EVENING.

SnowMap_WI.png

Archived