12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March 4-6 Winter Storm

snowlover2

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol, yeah the 13-14" glacier will be coated with 6"+ of new snow. I was out today and there is snow piles 20 feet tall already! I can't imagine that NAM hires snowfall map coming true a few pages back. Going to be a while before I see the grass.

4-8" in my grid right now.

you have been the spot to beat this Winter!

No grass here for a long time either.  Sill 20-25" on the ground and it doesn't melt easy at all.  I suspect I'll have snow on the ground to some degree the 1st of April.

sorry went OT

Considering the seasonal total at Lansing and him being closer to there it makes sense to me.

That has been the absolute screwhole in MI this winter (Lansing vicinity). Even worse than BTL Id say. I checked the storm report from the Dec 26 storm and a spotter in Howell reported 3.5" but LAN only had 0.5", very sharp cutoff (in fact just east of Howell the 5"+ amounts started) so it certainly is possible. Lansings biggest snow has been 3.6" on Feb 26/27, everything else was under 3".

No grass here for a long time either.  Sill 20-25" on the ground and it doesn't melt easy at all.  I suspect I'll have snow on the ground to some degree the 1st of April.

attachicon.gifssm_depth_2013030400_0_600_450_991_4837_1159_5061_dem_shading_eiklm_m_1_0_0_0_0_0.png

sorry went OT

no, YOU have been the spot to beat ;). Geos has done excellent recently and I certainly envy him but dont forget, it was a nearly snowless winter through January in his area (not literally snowless, but about as close as you can get to snowless at this latitude). Cant wait to get to the U.P. Friday!

ssm_depth_2013030400_0_600_450_991_4837_1159_5061_dem_shading_eiklm_m_1_0_0_0_0_0.png

sorry went OT

no, YOU have been the spot to beat ;). Geos has done excellent recently and I certainly envy him but dont forget, it was a nearly snowless winter through January in his area (not literally snowless, but about as close as you can get to snowless at this latitude). Cant wait to get to the U.P. Friday!

I have been thinking about heading to the UP, but my wife might be a roadblock.....

Def a backend loaded winter for the lower lakes, but better late than never!

Have fun on your trip north later this week.  my neighbor is up there riding now and he says snow and trails are amazing!  enjoy the 3ft up there :) !

That has been the absolute screwhole in MI this winter (Lansing vicinity). Even worse than BTL Id say. I checked the storm report from the Dec 26 storm and a spotter in Howell reported 3.5" but LAN only had 0.5", very sharp cutoff (in fact just east of Howell the 5"+ amounts started) so it certainly is possible. Lansings biggest snow has been 3.6" on Feb 26/27, everything else was under 3".

Oh yeah alot worse there. My biggest is 5.5" from the slop storm last week. They will be on a island of their own after this storm for areas north of I80.

This has been the biggest rally I've ever seen. Was only at 7.7" on the last day of January, then I almost quintupled it by Feb. 28th!

Cheryl Scott on NBC5 Chicago, while nice to look at, really has no clue. She just said since the trend has been northward today,

Chicagoland will only receive 3 inches or so in many areas. Way to read the teleprompter, babe. 

Just nice to look at... Ginger was better at the weather stuff. That being said. NBC is the worse for getting your weather. Their maps are a joke.

I have been thinking about heading to the UP, but my wife might be a roadblock.....

with all the riding you do. how you possibly have a wife? :D

I have been dropping hints at going... Average high is going to start to rocket up soon and the winter will be done statewide soon. I'm not sure I can pull this off.

I'm rooting for SW Michigan on this one, well my home wouldn't be bad either.

I have been dropping hints at going... Average high is going to start to rocket up soon and the winter will be done statewide soon. I'm not sure I can pull this off. I'm rooting for SW Michigan on this one, well my home wouldn't be bad either.

Yup. Chances of simply seeing a snowstorm last another 2 full months in this state (more like 1.5 months in our part of the state), but for the snowmobilers/ice fishermen, winter is on its last legs.

Yup. Chances of simply seeing a snowstorm last another 2 full months in this state (more like 1.5 months in our part of the state), but for the snowmobilers/ice fishermen, winter is on its last legs.

Here, there's a law that requires the permanent ice shanty's to be off the lake March 31st.  after that, they can be brought out daily but not left.  Ice here is 14"+ deep so another 4-5 weeks of ice fishing i bet... unless much above temps come.  Avg high here is still below freezing.

Here, there's a law that requires the permanent ice shanty's to be off the lake March 31st.  after that, they can be brought out daily but not left.  Ice here is 14"+ deep so another 4-5 weeks of ice fishing i bet... unless much above temps come.  Avg high here is still below freezing.

The lakes are so thick in central Ontario that the official provincial trails route over the lakes and rivers... 3 feet thick isn't uncommon there.

Archived