Newest Member
    bowsunski
February 25-27 Winter Storm Part 2

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

latest SREF mean (9z) has 15'' of snow

Have been watching these models for 7-8 yrs or so. Even when in now casting mode have seen the low pressure center be 100 km north  or south.

This system is very interesting as we could get good dumping but more than likely just a few inches of slop. Very tough to make a call on this system more than any. :snowwindow:

I'm going with 4-6" of slop in Toronto, maybe 8" on grassy surfaces. I can't see us getting 12". This being said, I draw people's attention to December 10, 1992 again, which saw marginal temperatures and one of the biggest storms ever for Toronto.

http://www.climate.weatheroffice.gc.ca/climateData/hourlydata_e.html?timeframe=1&Prov=ONT&StationID=4841&dlyRange=1986-05-01|2013-02-24&Year=1992&Month=12&Day=10

I'm going with 4-6" of slop in Toronto, maybe 8" on grassy surfaces. I can't see us getting 12". This being said, I draw people's attention to December 10, 1992 again, which saw marginal temperatures and one of the biggest storms ever for Toronto.

http://www.climate.weatheroffice.gc.ca/climateData/hourlydata_e.html?timeframe=1&Prov=ONT&StationID=4841&dlyRange=1986-05-01|2013-02-24&Year=1992&Month=12&Day=10

12z GFS continues to show big QPF amounts for YYZ

These are the kind of winters Detroit and Madison crushes MKE..  We either have had lows now occluding to far south for here or lows to far west earlier in winter that bring mostly rain while smashing Madison.. Detroit crushes MKE always in penny, nickel, and dimers.  Its been since GHD and nothing really before it that winter that there has been a text book ole fashion texas pan handler that runs up in to southern MI and smokes us. 

End of rant - Get a blog - put in in the crybaby thread.

GL - Chicago, Detroit, and Toronto.   Its going to be the most beautiful scene there after this paste job.  Paste>Powder 4ever.

These are the kind of winters Detroit and Madison crushes MKE..  We either have had lows now occluding to far south for here or lows to far west earlier in winter that bring mostly rain while smashing Madison.. Detroit crushes MKE always in penny, nickel, and dimers.  Its been since GHD and nothing really before it that winter that there has been a text book ole fashion texas pan handler that runs up in to southern MI and smokes us.   

End of rant - Get a blog.

GL - Chicago, Detroit, and Toronto.   Its going to be the most beautiful scene there after this paste job.  Paste>Powder 4ever.

You're lucky in that your snowstorm possibility climo is probably a good 3-4 weeks longer than mine. There are exceptions but this is probably the last big threat of the season here.

You're lucky in that your snowstorm possibility climo is probably a good 3-4 weeks longer than mine. There are exceptions but this is probably the last big threat of the season here.

I think our avg snowfall for Morch is 7"  Must be close to yours also..  I think we both have just about as equal chances once we hit March but wtf do I know and I trust your knowledge of climo.

Archived