Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 25-26 Winter Storm

wisconsinwx

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GGEM was similar to the Euro as well, the GFS looks like a hot mess though right now.

Its ensembles are all over, as to be expected with a situation like this.  I can't tell if surface temps on the GFS and GEM would favor a heavy wet snow or a mix for the likes of Chicago and Milwaukee in this scenario.  What do you think?  Not a ton of arctic air associated with this, but could be cold enough.

Its ensembles are all over, as to be expected with a situation like this.  I can't tell if surface temps on the GFS and GEM would favor a heavy wet snow or a mix for the likes of Chicago and Milwaukee in this scenario.  What do you think?  Not a ton of arctic air associated with this, but could be cold enough.

I think follow the Euro/GGEM.

What are your thoughts on this potential besides the it's still early part?

:facepalm:

Why are you so quick to deem that part as irrelevant?

It's an interesting setup, but like I said earlier, temps will be borderline and we're going to want to keep the mid level low from getting too deep into the Lakes, otherwise we'r going to slot fairly early. Good news is I think the EURO/GGEM with their further south solutions are probably closer to reality given the weak -NAO and s/w kicker right on this storm's tail.

Archived