Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 25-26 Winter Storm

wisconsinwx

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This might be one of the rare instances when an expansive plains snowpack could help those of us in MKE/ORD but in the end, this looks like a another dubuque/madison special.

More likely, but we will have a few inches on the ground before the warm up with the storm, so I wonder if that will at least keep any potential rain to a minimum, maybe a fair amount of freezing rain/sleet if there's a sneaky warm layer for a time.

DTX and GRR both talking about the 25-26th trending warmer which will cause precip. type issues... at this point, both are leading a heightened probability for a "cold rain".

WHAT A SURPRISE!

Could of swore I read GRR AFD yesterday morning and WDM was talking about February ending on a "Much snowier and stormy pattern across the Lower Great Lakes"... hmmm snowier? Not so much.

DTX and GRR both talking about the 25-26th trending warmer which will cause precip. type issues... at this point, both are leading a heightened probability for a "cold rain".

WHAT A SURPRISE!

Could of swore I read GRR AFD yesterday morning and WDM was talking about February ending on a "Much snowier and stormy pattern across the Lower Great Lakes"... hmmm snowier? Not so much.

There's still time for things to improve, but it's so rare for us to get big snows on the east side of a low. Temps aren't terribly warm at this time though.

For Milwaukee, the 0C 850 line sinks from there south from 150-162 hours, and about 0.5" QPF ensues, so unless there's a sneaky warm layer, the 850s are below zero for Milwaukee most of the time, and I would think the surface is likewise.

Looks like a wet snow with temperatures starting at 33-34° and slowly sinking. Concrete snow system.

Archived