• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
V-day snow threat (THE GAINES BOMBER) ( Forecast/ Model/Discussion thread)

Mitchell Gaines

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone see Upton? They already have a snowmap out for NYC with the region getting a general 4-6." Tony are you guys gonna put a map out with the afternoon package?

..yeah..i did (i live on LI)..got me @ 5"(east end)..thats crazy.

its too soon and too high..little premature to put out a map..

Anyone see Upton? They already have a snowmap out for NYC with the region getting a general 4-6." Tony are you guys gonna put a map out with the afternoon package?

Mt holly afd going a few inches from Phl point north into central nj. Thinking we start off as rain during the afternoon

Gotta think that those south of Philly will have some issues with the BL.  This could change a lot in 48 hours given it's synoptic and a dynamic event...if the phase is not perfect you're going to get a 12z type solution where everyone gets an inch or two of slop with elevation winners.

Too strong a solution and the folks south of the city will be treading a very thin, fine line between snow and no.

Can we finally get a Villanova/SE PA jackpot storm? Feel like we haven't seen one of those since the 2009-10 winter. Sick of seeing New England and NJ jackpot while I'm here. I'm thinking 3-6" is a virtual lock at this point for us, with potential for 6"+.

Is there such thing as a lock 48hrs out?...

Is there such thing as a lock 48hrs out?...

Well the pattern right now doesn't support suppression, and even if we trend further north, I think the s/w is juicy enough to produce 3" at minimum. Temperatures are entirely dynamically driven, and the model solutions w/ stronger vv's will obviously mean less BL problems.

Archived