• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
V-day snow threat (THE GAINES BOMBER) ( Forecast/ Model/Discussion thread)

Mitchell Gaines

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that's very close at phl. I would think it's more wet than white. BL is pretty warm. Once away from the city should be alright despite the initial warm temps.

yeah, the 925 0 line hugs the del river /se pa. If anything is white, its going to be pastey/use up a whole lot of qpf.

It's all about dynamics. If we trend toward a stronger low, boundary layer issues will be minimal.

Every time I look for dynamics to be the primary driver to take me over the warning criteria goal line, I get left by the side of the road.

I don't think modeling is going to break hard on this threat one way or the other in terms of bl temps or absolute confidence of precip rates to overcome the bl issues....its gonna be a fragile setup for more than 2" of snow near the city and 295 but a real enough chance to give us all fits.

Looks just cold enough for snow but not by much, prob big wet flakes. I think starting as a little rain for most is a good bet. Evap/dynamical cooling are needed.

Here's the blown up version.  Freezing level looks like 400 meters.  All snow if its puking.  Any decrease in intensity and its mixing for sure.

post-39-0-68165700-1360602141_thumb.gif

Archived