• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Potential Storm 2/17-2/19

Snow_Miser

Just chill. Wait for the euro. The GFS seeing something like this isn't crazy considering the depth of this trough. It's been talked about here for a week. I posted here 2 days ago. The euro control run 2 days ago caught the northern stream do exactly this along the arctic front. It's not like it isn't in any of there members. So just wait. This is seen on some of it's 51 members already

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It still wants to drive it into a high and 50/50 low though, so some things haven't changed

But the early next week's lakes cutter is really weak this run, more of a frontal passage now. That's the key to our 50/50 low. If that's weak, the 50/50 won't be very strong and the 22/23 storm can easily end up going west of us imo

Meant it would lose it as a snow event. Since NAO is less pronounced for THAT time, it tries to cut it to the Lakes. It is a transient -NAO, and it is chosing this weekend to flex it rather than the 22nd-23rd.

WX/PT

We are unlikely to have a LONG-TERM negative NAO this season. That is why the models will jump back & forth. They are deciding when to blow up the 50/50 and -NAO, if it's earlier, this weekend is our big storm, if it's later, it could be one of the next two, probably the 22nd-23rd, we still do not know for sure except that this weekend is looking better ATT.

WX/PT

I just laughed when I saw that.

but yet people think the gfs is right with Saturday's storm, a model that wants to run a low into a high over se canada with a -nao block and a 50/50 low next week. Just a ridiculous solution, but because it shows a snowstorm on saturday, that run is gospel. I just can't take the gfs seriously

but yet people think the gfs is right with Saturday's storm, a model that wants to run a low into a high over se canada with a -nao block and a 50/50 low next week. Just a ridiculous solution, but because it shows a snowstorm on saturday, that run is gospel. I just can't take the gfs seriously

It's not only the GFS for this weekend. Every model has the storm.

Although I am intrigued by this and feel this def has a chance to come even farther west and drop more qpf than currently modeled..... One little slip up by the models keying on the wrong piece of energy could shift this entire storm back to being a nonevent. I'm loving these model trends but staying very timid about this storm producing is the best way to go.

It stills gives NYC/LI 15-18mm of precip (estimated) and a bit more for CT. That's a solid 5"-10" of snow.

It stills gives NYC/LI 15-18mm of precip (estimated) and a bit more for CT. That's a solid 5"-10" of snow.

not to be greedy, but its gonna suck to see some areas of SNE get feet of snow again...i guess its payback for 2009-2010

not to be greedy, but its gonna suck to see some areas of SNE get feet of snow again...i guess its payback for 2009-2010

SNE has more snow climatologically than we do, for a reason. And we get slammed with this solution anyway.

If the Euro jumps on board, this will definitely be interesting. Hopefully no jogs east.

Pending a EURO surprise I would say a 2-4/3-6 storm looks increasingly likely for NE NJ/NYC/W LI, possibly more on LI

I think it's premature to forecast amounts on this when just 24 hours ago it was flurries and the main system was 100s of miles northeast of us. Right now, the question is what the EURO says and do these ideas hold for to the 00Z model cycle tonight.

WX/PT

Archived