EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Early Spring Banter Thread

IsentropicLift

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Upton has the warmest day here in western li on Monday with mid 60's then they have upper 50's the rest of the week. I see everyone saying how the models show it being so warm but Upton isn't seeing it yet I guess......

Winter to summer likely now with perhaps a massive heat ridge after the storm/cold front.

I guess spring really be dead this year and no 80s are June/July weather not spring weather which is 60s/70s.

Umm a bit dramatic dont you think? Friday was a spring day, today was a spring day tomorrow will be a spring day. Aside from Tues-Thursday, I don't see any sustained periods of summerlike warmth, in fact the GFS has quite the cool down for next weekend and into the following week with no return to 80s for a while

Winter to summer likely now with perhaps a massive heat ridge after the storm/cold front.

I guess spring really be dead this year and no 80s are June/July weather not spring weather which is 60s/70s.

The 00z Euro brings back seasonable to slightly below seasonable temps from about day 4 on.

Thursday to Saturday morning looks wet.

Uh, not so much.  Ridge is showing up in the long term as it has been:

I have paid access to the Euro and I looked at 2m temps

The 00z Euro has highs in the 40's on Friday, 50's on Saturday, Upper 40's on Sunday, low 50's next Monday, Upper 50's/low 60's for Tuesday and then by the 17th we get a solid day of area wide 60's. Like I said, about average to slightly below average after we get past the next few days.

For reference, 18z Friday

ECMWF_2mT_na_f114.png?1365401952

I have paid access to the Euro and I looked at 2m temps

The 00z Euro has highs in the 40's on Friday, 50's on Saturday, Upper 40's on Sunday, low 50's next Monday, Upper 50's/low 60's for Tuesday and then by the 17th we get a solid day of area wide 60's. Like I said, about average to slightly below average after we get past the next few days.

For reference, 18z Friday

ECMWF_2mT_na_f114.png?1365401952

Yea by Fri we cool down, but I don't put much stock into the 2m temps past 4 or 5 days.  I think it warms back up after the weekend.

It has a pretty solid SE ridge at hr 216, but go ahead and look at the 2m temps that far out.

Do you even read my posts? I clearly indicated that temps would start moderating again by day 8-9.

Why are you rushing the big heat anyway? Looking forward to sweating to death in your apartment when it's 90 degress at 11pm?

Do you even read my posts? I clearly indicated that temps would start moderating again by day 8-9.

Why are you rushing the big heat anyway? Looking forward to sweating to death in your apartment when it's 90 degress at 11pm?

Haha, fine fine.  I'm just looking forward to the warmth outside.  Of course, last week when we were in the 30s at night, the heat in our apt was off (controlled by the bldg/super), so I had to pull out the space heater.  Last night when we're in the mid 50s?  Heat is on, of course.

Haha, fine fine.  I'm just looking forward to the warmth outside.  Of course, last week when we were in the 30s at night, the heat in our apt was off (controlled by the bldg/super), so I had to pull out the space heater.  Last night when we're in the mid 50s?  Heat is on, of course.

I feel ya, sucks that the warmth this week will be during the week and not the weekend. Going into the city to see a show on Thursday night so I'm hoping that the warm weather holds out, although it looks rather stormy at the moment. Might be able to breakout the shorts tonight.

I feel ya, sucks that the warmth this week will be during the week and not the weekend. Going into the city to see a show on Thursday night so I'm hoping that the warm weather holds out, although it looks rather stormy at the moment. Might be able to breakout the shorts tonight.

I do enjoy the week nights as people go out after work, which is nice, but yea, it would be better if it were during the weekend.  I hope the warmth holds out to Friday.

I do enjoy the week nights as people go out after work, which is nice, but yea, it would be better if it were during the weekend.  I hope the warmth holds out to Friday.

At least out this way, we've had some really pleasant afternoons that have led to some pretty clilly nights. I decided to go out on Saturday without a jacket and I was regretting it by 3.

Archived