Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/1 Clipper OBS Thread

Capt. Adam

Tuckahoe Road, BVT.

Can you pick up a few things at Belleplain Supply for me while you are down that way?

Nice pics, roads that are shade covered look about the same here. Parkway has a fair bit of snow on it.

If I was going that far south, sure, lol. I'm not gonna make that band, it's moving away and I didn't leave early enough. Still coming down good though, in Estell Manor, wind really picking up too.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just looked out the window at work in Lansdale and there is white on the ground  :snowing: .

My wife just called from home and said it snowed like crazy for like 6 or 7 minutes and whitened up the ground nicely.

And that burst of snow is in the Lansdale area now...ground is coated with snow here.

Some places in the Cape May County might end up with close to 4" depending on the duration. From SmokeEaters pictures there seems to be more snow the closer you get to the ocean. I am only 3 miles from Tuckahoe and by the looks of it there is more snow here.

Oh yea, further south I got, the more snow.

Some places in the Cape May County might end up with close to 4" depending on the duration. From SmokeEaters pictures there seems to be more snow the closer you get to the ocean. I am only 3 miles from Tuckahoe and by the looks of it there is more snow here.

there are places that have over 5 inches already

For the next few clippers, I want to see people using words like "frontogenesis" and "MPV" when analyzing the potential for snow bands. :)

The SREF guidance did well showing the enhancement at 700mb with increasing probs as this moved from DC to NJ. Between that, the soundings (some were unstable) and the rest of the modeling, the potential for 4"+ band was there. Once again, I thought the NWP did very well with this system.

Mount Laurel got a few flurries but I went south on 73 and things turned quite white pretty fast.

For the next few clippers, I want to see people using words like "frontogenesis" and "MPV" when analyzing the potential for snow bands. :)

The SREF guidance did well showing the enhancement at 700mb with increasing probs as this moved from DC to NJ. Between that, the soundings (some were unstable) and the rest of the modeling, the potential for 4"+ band was there. Once again, I thought the NWP did very well with this system.

Mount Laurel got a few flurries but I went south on 73 and things turned quite white pretty fast.

We got quite a squall in Cherry Hill, it was coming down pretty nicely for a while.

Great little event here in Lower Township, Cape May Co.  Close to 3.5" on the elevated surfaces and starting to blow and drift some as colder drier ais has worked in.  Last inch of snow was lighter and of less water content.  Very pleased with this storm as it has been quite a snow drought of sorts down here.

Archived