joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/1 Clipper OBS Thread

Capt. Adam

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looking over the hourly models. I would say the areas that have the best shot of an inch or more would be eastern shore of md through southern new castle county to acy then down to cape may then over the northern half of sussex co del.

Agree. The NAM, RAP, and SREFs all focus on this area. Decent shot of an inch or a bit more somewhere there.

Here is the Observation from my old Kentucky home last hour!  :lmao:  :snowwindow:

Lexington 22:54 Heavy Snow Freezing Fog Squalls and Breezy 0.25 22 21 96 NW 25 G 43 5 29.98

That's a real mouthful

If you want a real mouthful, try the raw METAR...

KLEX 010354Z 32022G37KT 1/4SM +SN FZFG SQ VV004 M06/M06 A2998 RMK     AO2 PK WND 32037/0347 WSHFT 0326 PRESRR SLP162 P0005     T10561061=

There is no reason to downplay this but there many reasons to be bullish. The jackpot region could approach 2 inches of accumulations yet there are no indications that the NWS is going to issue Winter Weather Advisories. I would agree if snow ratios were lower but they will be around 15:1. GFS and NAM dumping around 0.15 - 0.20 QPF which is quite substantial...

There is no reason to downplay this but there many reasons to be bullish. The jackpot region could approach 2 inches of accumulations yet there are no indications that the NWS is going to issue Winter Weather Advisories. I would agree if snow ratios were lower but they will be around 15:1. GFS and NAM dumping around 0.15 - 0.20 QPF which is quite substantial...

Looks like they might with the 330 package, if this SWS is any indication:

Delaware Beaches

Special Weather Statement in effect

A 2 TO 6 HOUR PERIOD OF SIGNIFICANT SNOW WILL HAMPER TRAVEL ACROSS DELAWARE

EASTERN MARYLAND AND SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY DURING THE FRIDAY MORNING COMMUTE

MOTORISTS SHOULD BE PREPARED FOR RAPIDLY DETERIORATING ROAD CONDITIONS AND VISIBILITY LIMITED TO ONE HALF MILE IN A SNOW EVENT OCCURRING BETWEEN 6 AND 10 FRIDAY MORNING. SNOW AMOUNTS OF 1 TO 2 INCHES ARE LIKELY WITH POTENTIAL FOR A NARROW BAND OF 3 INCH AMOUNTS. MOST OF THE SNOW WILL FALLING IN 3 TO 4 HOURS FRIDAY MORNING. THE SNOW WILL BE FOLLOWED NORTHWEST WIND GUSTS NEAR 40 MPH DURING MIDDAY. MORE DETAILS WILL BE ISSUED IN OUR 330 AM FORECASTS.

Archived