• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pictures and video from the Jan 17th and 18th storm

Stovepipe

Awesome, My kids were ready but we only got a dusting! was looking for 4-8 so a bustarama here... lol

Thanks to all who shared their pics and videos!!!

Frosty, I hated to hear the southern end of this storm didn't come together as it looked really good almost up until game time. I hope there are a few more opportunities this year for the entire southeast. I will be pulling for those that didn't get "fed" with the next opportunity that comes along.

This event underperformed even here...............BUT the rates made it EXTREMELY enjoyable! I was just happy the kids finallly got to play in some snow. It was really "ripping" for about 2.5 hours

Great pics and video by all.  

Eyewall, you may be the best chaser in...the world.  Seriously, in North Carolina of all places, you've managed to capture a big tornado, thundersnow, and 2 inch per hour rates with the Sanford video...very impressive.  Don't know if you've seen it, but Foothills has a nice thundersnow video from Morristown, TN posted on his Facebook page

Here are a few pics from my house in Hickory.  Not too much snow to end with, but the rates were impressive at first.  It was "raining" snow, if that's possible.  In the third pic, you can see the results of the snow changing back to rain.

At one point in time...it appeared to be raining slush balls the rates were so insane here. White rain...heavy wet snow...I really enjoyed that storm. The Brushy Mountains really helped here I think enhance the warning to advisory criteria across Wilkes. 

Archived