Newest Member
    joxey
Snow Event 1/15-1/16

Mr Torchey

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bone dry up here... not surprisingly.

Always so funny to me how if I get a snow event, I'm usually just talking to myself on here, while everyone else ties ropes to the ceilings, but when the majority is talking about a snow event, its probably missing this area, lol.

Hopefully it can continue trending NW like some of those extreme SREF members <duck and run>... though I'm really not sure what is worse, waiting a couple more days for more snow from a front or clipper... or reading cliff jumping posts by folks who somehow manage to rain in this set up.

Cold air struggles right from the getgo to get south.  This is going to be a good run for a lot of you to my NW.  Like I said toasted weenies down here.

Ideally push it north to ski country for the trip this weekend

Gut says this will be tough to take for coastal/valley areas.  Polar boundary pushes through but the airmass behind is not all that cold.  Looks like a 32-34F accum snow for inland/hills and a 34-36 ra/sn deal for the coast.

bare trails showing up on most of the ski areas now

We've lost a few sections of natural snow trails but most are still skiable...the big trail drops will come tomorrow when this stuff freezes into concrete.

Still holding natural depths at the stakes of 1 foot at 1,500ft and 3 feet at 3,000ft.

Evidence of some decent water movement overnight with blow outs and mud floes.

Gut says this will be tough to take for coastal/valley areas.  Polar boundary pushes through but the airmass behind is not all that cold.  Looks like a 32-34F accum snow for inland/hills and a 34-36 ra/sn deal for the coast.

I tend to agree.  I think SE MA is pretty cooked.  Maybe even right into BOS.  Coastal front was far E, so that may save areas a few miles inland and north of the Pike who are still on the CP. 

The hills (KTOL, ORH) should be fine.

Archived