• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Climate Change Banter

Jonger

Part of me is massively skeptical of a super el nino event. The trades do seem to have shut down tho, we will see. My prediction hinges in us not having 1998+ event. If it happens, we'll be in a world of **** and that would be putting it lightly and I would be unable to post here.

Several posters way back claimed that we would never see a strong el nino event untill the PDO flipped back to positive. As usual, deniers ate this stuff up and claimed no global warming for 30 more years. Then we mysteriously flip to a +PDO that rivals the warmest months in the previous warm phase.

Part of me is massively skeptical of a super el nino event. The trades do seem to have shut down tho, we will see. My prediction hinges in us not having 1998+ event. If it happens, we'll be in a world of **** and that would be putting it lightly and I would be unable to post here.

Several posters way back claimed that we would never see a strong el nino event untill the PDO flipped back to positive. As usual, deniers ate this stuff up and claimed no global warming for 30 more years. Then we mysteriously flip to a +PDO that rivals the warmest months in the previous warm phase.

Very few knowledgeable mets are calling for a "super nino."  Could it happen? Sure.  As we all know, the dynamic models tend to overdo change in the equatorial pacific SSTas pretty much during every event this early in the year.  I could personally see a 1.6-1.8C trimonthly peak for 3.4 occurring this year, but nothing like 97-98.  That being said, there is a real badboy EKW that is about to surface.

I can never tell if he is being sarcastic or serious. If the latter then he is a denier, but I think he tries to hide it. We will definitely need a super-nino to ever have a chance at another la nina, otherwise we will be stuck in neutral 'hell'.

The heat is not just on the surface, the 20C isotherm runs down to like 300 meters which is fookin' bat**** crazy.

My statement was a factual one...not to be judged as serious nor sarcastic...

Well, if it's not true....that means the AGW theory is severely broken, as well as the laws of thermodynamics. I hope you're not one of those nutty conservatives, or liberal. Hell if I care about your political ideaology. The Earth will do what it wants, it won't be saved by 'god'.

I would of just let you be If you would of stopped getting involved in areas that are not your place. I will walk softly and carry a big stick. Since you are effortlessly leading a propaganda campaign and trying to defund NASA Earth Science and wrecking the future for everything on this Planet.

You would have just let me be? LOL...that's rich. And you can shove your big stick up your ass.

The only thing I can take from your propaganda statement is that you're truly off balance, evidence of which you have provided a seemingly endless example of lately.

You would have just let me be? LOL...that's rich. And you can shove your big stick up your ass.

The only thing I can take from your propaganda statement is that you're truly off balance, evidence of which you have provided a seemingly endless example of lately.

Loser, you are digging your own grave or at least the grave of your kids. You would be off balance too if you understood what the fu** actually happens in the world. All you see is that reds flag flying in your face.

People with low standards like yourself will be forgotten. If you are going to be passionate about something, at least get your facts straight and don't root for something queer.

Why the California water crisis will lead to a housing collapse, municipal bankruptcies and a mass exodus of climate refugees

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/049630_California_water_crisis_climate_refugees.html

So they often end up in Austin, where there's just enough water to get by, but not any sort of horrible humidity, tornados, hurricanes or anything of the sort. The greatest natural disaster threat in Austin is called "Interstate 35," which is dotted with on-ramps and off-ramps that were designed by a madman high on crack.

You could also go to Alabama, but Alabama scares Californians. Louisiana scares Alabamans! Florida has hurricanes and Jeb Bush, and none of us is quite sure which is the greater disaster. So people just end up in Austin, which is rapidly becoming just like California, to the great shock and horror of real Texans who are surprisingly close to staging a revolt and declaring Texas its own sovereign nation. (I'm with Chuck Norris on this point, thank you!)

Loser, you are digging your own grave or at least the grave of your kids. You would be off balance too if you understood what the fu** actually happens in the world. All you see is that reds flag flying in your face.

People with low standards like yourself will be forgotten. If you are going to be passionate about something, at least get your facts straight and don't root for something queer.

danggggg....bruh

attachicon.gif47f75dc519f3e5abac2da537f566bf237d1d970beb735a3a0d42d7d2e505d42c.jpg

I will stop posting drivel if everyone will cease seeing the situation thru their own lens. The usual suspects are going for warm or cold, it's not objective. Things really aren't that great, nothing to do with being alarmist. 

Just do us all a favor and keep your baseless posts in here.

In parvo :

Climate contrarians are not conservatives

"in reality the contrarians were representing the conservative side who felt that liberals are going to use this as a method to raise taxes and increase control over their lives and that's exactly what they do not want and I don't blame them. But they were simply denying the science because they did not want those political consequences. It did not really have much to do with science and it still does not. and we really do need to get the conservatives to understand the situation because they need to be part of the solution"

You might just scare me off with your bad posting if you're lucky. It's still better than 2-3 years ago where people were being banned left and right.

If I wanted disinformation I would go read Drudge.

No need just continue with your rhetoric it'll be a matter of time before you get the boot.  It's kind of sad that you are so brainwashed to not understand how out of touch you are around here.  I've never seen someone make up so much garbage baseless statements that have constantly needed to be corrected yet think they're so correct and factual.

No need just continue with your rhetoric it'll be a matter of time before you get the boot.  It's kind of sad that you are so brainwashed to not understand how out of touch you are around here.  I've never seen someone make up so much garbage baseless statements that have constantly needed to be corrected yet think they're so correct and factual.

How can you be so confident? I would really like to know in great detail. My problem is that I am not brainwashed enough. I am just a rabid human in pure form, outside the confines of society looking at the situation objectively.

True story. I wish I could sleep at night again. At least I have the balls to admit it. Will you not accept that some people deny global warming for non-scientific reasons? If you can't then you are off-base and have no right lecturing me.

How can you be so confident? I would really like to know in great detail. My problem is that I am not brainwashed enough. I am just a rabid human in pure form, outside the confines of society looking at the situation objectively.

True story. I wish I could sleep at night again. At least I have the balls to admit it. Will you not accept that some people deny global warming for non-scientific reasons? If you can't then you are off-base and have no right lecturing me.

Of corse people deny global warming for non-scientific reasons...in fact almost all the reasons are non-scientific.

But that's not where the criticism of your posts is rooted from. Hopefully you can figure out the difference.

Of corse people deny global warming for non-scientific reasons...in fact almost all the reasons are non-scientific.

But that's not where the criticism of your posts is rooted from. Hopefully you can figure out the difference.

In my mind, making stuff up and thinking the situation is similar to 2014 in the Arctic is the same as denying climate change. I am not messing around anymore. Sandy is burned into my brain forever.

Deep down I know it's too late to save coastal cities in the long-run but I want people to feel responsible because justice must come. Nature will settle the scales for us.

The immense inertia involved has led many into disarray. Nobody else has spoken out especially locally, so I have to pick up their slack and give everyone a push.

Or we could be like IPCC and put all our cards into some distant future technology.

Well i need to understand what you mean, what am i so confident in?  No doubt there are people like that I'm not going to deny that but you basically fall in that same category on the opposite spectrum of the debate.  Two days ago you stated we will never see a -PDO again or a la Nina where is the science in that statement, you didn't even post any literature to support that absurd claim.

In my mind, making stuff up and thinking the situation is similar to 2014 in the Arctic is the same as denying climate change. I am not messing around anymore. Sandy is burned into my brain forever.

Deep down I know it's too late to save coastal cities in the long-run but I want people to feel responsible because justice must come. Nature will settle the scales for us.

The immense inertia involved has led many into disarray. Nobody else has spoken out especially locally, so I have to pick up their slack and give everyone a push.

:lmao:   I'm getting the feeling you are mistakenly taking this forum as an activist lair and not the ''Science" forum that it is. 

The forum is on the front-page too, you'd think climate change would rank high as an important issue. People have this conception that this is a problem for the 2050's and beyond.

The -PDO/La Nina was just a shot in the dark based on ocean temperature trends. HadSST is still coming well over 2014 outside of el nino regions. Sorry but I don't have good reasoning other than that at this point, it's a vague prediction with a wide timescale.

Whatever tipping points that may or may not happen will also affect how natural cycles play out.

:lmao:   I'm getting the feeling you are mistakenly taking this forum as an activist lair and not the ''Science" forum that it is. 

You guys complain about the same stuff over and over again..  Why not just sit back and appreciate the opinions of others?   That's what forums are for...to discuss / have different opinions on things.

It's people like him that think outside the box, with factual material  (not always, but most of the time) that make things worthwhile reading here.  Who cares if he goes into left field at times...even if it does seem far-fetched , he at-least brings up points that could be looked into.

Typical Republican-like behaviour here...the ones against him.   Where people extremely over-exaggerate the smallest of matters.  I feel like i'm watching Megyn Kelly on FoxNews... where she'll have some news piece to start her show off with.   With that look in her eye like it's the end of the world....all while talking about Hillary Clinton's funding issues.  (or some other comical news piece...that would of been laughed at if it were mentioned as 'Breaking News' 10 years ago) 

My God you've absolutely lost it. Screw AGW... I'm now deeply concerned about you. Here are some websites you may want to visit-

http://www.cooperhealth.org/departments-programs/psychiatry-and-psychology

http://hamptonhospital.com/services/adult/

It's sad what's happening. You are a casualty in the war against climate, and somehow you've maintained only indirect contact with said climate, yet have experienced great mental deterioration on a level previously thought unattainable when dealing strictly with abstracts.

And before you jump down my throat for being a "denier", I'm not. I know the Earth has warmed. I'm a denier of the quoted madman's writings above.