Newest Member
    Toothache
12/26-12/28 Potential Snow Threat

CooL

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Patrick

Yes, snywx, looks like here in Sussex county sitting pretty right now....even for the first event.

It doesn't get any better than the 0z GFS for us inland folk.. Pretty much buries us with a combined 12"+ from the Xmas event & 12/27 event..

Euro is amped and west. It is super confused, low essentially hits the block and now the euro is struggling. Does not make much sense in the evolution of the event. I think it will continue to adjust and respond to the block. Granted this run might still turn out ok, but I doubt the primary remains that long and cuts right into the block. Secondary development should happen sooner. If the christmas storm is any indication of the euro, it will come south also with this event. Euro has been struggling lately.

Euro is much better with the Christmas storm...looks like its trying to give us snow at 12z 12/25.

The next event is west, eventually transfer to the coast...but too warm. Much better look than 12z but still a lot of work to do.

The trend is good this evening. It's a comfort to know that the usually amped up GGEM went OTS.

Once again, and like I've been saying the past couple days, the Christmas storm has peaked my interests, and I think it will surprise a lot of us.

Euro is much better with the Christmas storm...looks like its trying to give us snow at 12z 12/25.

The next event is west, eventually transfer to the coast...but too warm. Much better look than 12z but still a lot of work to do.

Complete horse crap it cuts the primary right into the block, secondary development will occur sooner and the northern movement and waa will be halted sooner. Euro continues to struggle with this pattern buts makes significant adjustments each run. Just look how far s and e it has come with the christmas shortwave.

European ensemble mean looks good for the Christmas Eve/Christmas morning storm, but the Wednesday/Thursday storm it tracks the low right to NYC, so it is just slightly warmer than the operational run. Very similar though, and would switch everyone over to snow as it passes by. The ensemble mean is also making a bit o a bigger deal out of the next Saturday and Sunday, the 29th, and 30th system, showing. 10-.25

Do not worry about temps or a rain snow line 6 days out , look at where you just came from on the euro. Monday the center was up over Madison Wisconsin. Wed it had the center was up over Dayton Ohio. This morning the center is over NYC , and that's after it finally shows a secondary off the VA coast. That's 1200 miles east in 5 days This is in line with its ensembles and most other global models. huge improvement. Not to mention its now in line with the Xmas system. Plenty of time to sort detes

I now have the Euro ensemble mean with the goodies in 6 hour increments and I can tell you that the 6z GFS looks nearly identical to the 0z Euro ensemble mean. The Euro ensemble mean is slightly warmer than the operational run and puts the storm in nearly the exact same spot as the 6z GFS, very near NYC. It would be a snow to rain/ice, then back to snow scenario for our region.

Nice placement for a good thump for inland areas.. Snow/Rain/Snow for coastal sections. Fun times ahead

For 5-6 days out I am sure the track will change a lot, as will the models. I'd be happy not being in the jackpot right now, since the track will change. If this were only 2-3 days away, it'd be a different story IMO. Curious to see what the model runs at 12Z and later at 00Z do with the potential system. Hopefully some locales in the area get some wintry precip from this storm in 5-6 days.

4 days ago we were 1000 miles apart - today we r less than 100 with 5 days to go , lets see when the xmas system exits if its able to introduce some low level cold air that the models have yet to sniff out . 510 thicknesses as it is just over the border at this time , so a little nudge south with that is that will be needed .

Archived