• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
12/26-12/28 Potential Snow Threat

CooL

That storm will decide the outcome of the next one. I have a feeling the euro is too strong with that storm

yeh , I agree that will pull the trof to the coast ala GFS and CMC , create the baroclinic zone , so when i saw the euro for xmas - I wretched .

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That storm will decide the outcome of the next one. I have a feeling the euro is too strong with that storm

It definitely is too strong, if you look at the confluence in ERN Canada at 96 hours as the Christmas wave is forming over southern Kansas its very strong, all of a sudden at 120 hours that confluence and vort in SE Canada is gone, it moves an absurd distance NE into the Atlantic in just 24 hours, that allows the wave to amplify and head into Ohio by 120 hours.

99% of us who live NW of the Tappan Zee post in the Hudson Valley sub forum. Even though we live in Uptons CWA we still feel like outsiders here in this sub forum.

:clap:

It appears like the trends are beginning to work in our favor lets hope this continues and in a few days we still see a legit chance. As Tom Petty said "the waiting is the hardest part".

12z ECMWF ENS look quite a bit different than the operational. There is a transfer to a secondary at hour 168. The low pressure is by LI on this frame.

12zecmwfens850mbTSLPUS168.gif

It's faster than the 0z ECM mean by about 12 hours but it's been quite consistent with the track over the last 2 days or so while the rest of the models (including GEFS) kept going back and forth... although consistency doesn't always mean accuracy, it's been consistently east of the OP ECM run, which IMO is too amplified with the clipper and could perhaps trend at least somewhat more south/east with the main event later on.

It always seems like it's the little events that we look over that we do the best instead of the main show we're all expecting. We could very well see a solid 1-3" snow for Christmas.

I just can't get it out of my system. I still have some weird feeling that this Christmas storm will over perform and actually end up being next week's main entertainment.

I just can't get it out of my system. I still have some weird feeling that this Christmas storm will over perform and actually end up being next week's main entertainment.

This could actually be a weenie's dream where we do well for the Christmas storm and it aids with the 27-28 storm, hopefully the Euro comes on board.

This could actually be a weenie's dream where we do well for the Christmas storm and it aids with the 27-28 storm, hopefully the Euro comes on board.

I like to see the Euro come on board at least for X-mass. It's disconcerting how far north it goes, and it's in a range when the Euro is USUALLY, and I stress the USUALLY, fairly accurate.

Archived