northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
December 20-22 Winter Storm (Blizzard?) Potential

Hoosier

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So for the bulk of the people in this sub-forum, I assume this is today's list of popularity for today's runs (since 12z)...ranked best to worst.

1) 12z Euro ensembles

T2) 12z Euro

T2) 18z GFS

4) 12z GGEM ensembles (just go look and laugh)

5) 12z Ukie

6) 12z GGEM

7) 12z GFS ensembles

8) 12z GFS

9) 12z NAM

10) 18z NAM

So for the bulk of the people in this sub-forum, I assume this is today's list of popularity for today's runs (since 12z).

1) 12z Euro ensembles

T2) 12z Euro

T2) 18z GFS

4) 12z GGEM ensembles (just go look and laugh)

5) 12z Ukie

6) 12z GGEM

7) 12z GFS ensembles

8) 12z GFS

9) 12z NAM

10) 18z NAM

Reverse the order for me, but honestly glad to have something to track. Even if it jogs further NW in the next few runs being on the NW side of the snow band6

Petition to change your name to HoosierWindFreak.

Give it some time. Let it marinate.

lol

Just impressed by the potential. What makes this different than an event like GHD is that the surface low should be bombing as it passes into the lakes. Various signals are there for a high wind event and the impact will be heightened in some areas due to the wet nature of the snow.

lol

Just impressed by the potential. What makes this different than an event like GHD is that the surface low should be bombing as it passes into the lakes. Various signals are there for a high wind event and the impact will be heightened in some areas due to the wet nature of the snow.

:P

But yeah, I'm with ya. The combo of pretty strong winds and snow is pretty cool.

18z GFS sounding for MKE still showing 60+ knot winds only 1500ft above the surface

I would think they wouldn't be much different here.

I can't imagine what it's going to be like around Michigan City with a roaring NNW wind as the storm pulls up towards central MI.

Not our area obviously, but Blizzard Watches up for eastern Colorado and western Kansas.

Really wouldn't be surprised to see some blizzard warnings needed eventually if some of the wind trends continue. Even if the strongest winds arrive after the heavier snow ends. Could be a lot of blowing snow.

New to this forum (ex Accu-weather) poster from southeast Michigan....

What are the chances that this thing continues south/east and gives southeast Mi at least a few inches?

Little Chance. Are best chance is on the backside. We can get lucky and get 1-2". Maybe 3" if your far W/NW/North of the City.

Archived