Newest Member
    northernriwx
December 2012 General Discussion

Guru Of Reason

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Turtle-

Probably having dreams of South Beach with temps like those (although the cold front blew through S FL yesterday dropping temps back into the 60Fs in Ft Lauderdale)...

7F here right now... Sparta was at -6F this morning.

This weather isn't so bad with the sun shining, already up to a balmy 25 *F. Then again i've barely went outside lol

Made it to 30 this afternoon, but it took all day to get there. Snow hasn't budged at all. Usually you see at least a little compaction. I'm betting the snow that fell here had to be somewhere on the order of 6-8:1 on average. Just pure cement. Snow depth still hanging in the 3-4" range.

Snow/ice finally fully melted off highways and most back roads this afternoon.

Got some very light misty crap falling out there right now. Almost too light to be even drizzle, but you can definitely feel it, and there's moisture accumulating on the windshield while driving. I guess we can call it freezing mist lolz.

Just went outside and noticed the same thing, a few small flakes mixed in too. Higher reflectivity approaching from the northwest so maybe we'll see some light snow.

Just went outside and noticed the same thing, a few small flakes mixed in too. Higher reflectivity approaching from the northwest so maybe we'll see some light snow.

Now we have the worlds smallest snowflakes falling out there lol. It almost looks like drizzle, but all surfaces are covered in a very fine white powder. I guess we can call this snizzle.

Still a solid 3-4" snowpack here. A few mood flakes flying around out there today as well. Definitely an improvement over last xmas. Nice to have a white xmas again.

Looks like the next chance for some snow will come Friday around here, as a weak wave moves through. Probably very light, but it's something to watch anyway.

Now we have the worlds smallest snowflakes falling out there lol. It almost looks like drizzle, but all surfaces are covered in a very fine white powder. I guess we can call this snizzle.

Same here. Looks like someone salted the top of my car!

Temperature going no where too fast today. Very low cloud deck, which is probably due to lake clouds drifting in.

Same here. Looks like someone salted the top of my car!

Temperature going no where too fast today. Very low cloud deck, which is probably due to lake clouds drifting in.

Getting some legit flakes now, albeit small ones. Some of the models (including the new Euro) drop an area of 0.01-0.03" of precip over northern IL through this evening. Could see a legit dusting from this. Normally that's a non-event, but because it's xmas eve it's pretty sweet I guess.

New Euro and GEM lay down a broad swath of 1-2" of snow from Iowa through northern IL and surrounding areas on Fri. Precip values are very light (0.1-0.15") but snow to water ratios might be fairly high. Could overachieve if we get a bit more lift than progged by some of the models.

Archived