Welcome to American Weather
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
j24vt

Northern Lights are visible right now

25 posts in this topic

Pretty dynamic display actually. We were actually able to make out curtains, pillars, and some reds. Luckily, one of the forecasters had a camera handy too, a few great shots in there.

not really but I went out 3 times and havent seen anything yet I wish I knew about this earlier I would have took the drive up north ive seen it once about 10 15 years ago on my way to canada and it was amazing!

Do you live in a brightly lit area?

not really but I went out 3 times and havent seen anything yet I wish I knew about this earlier I would have took the drive up north ive seen it once about 10 15 years ago on my way to canada and it was amazing!

I'll be in Stowe Sunday-Wednesday, maybe the sun will chuck another flare and I'll get lucky lol

a bunch of us Student Meteorologists & News 7 Photojournalist Erik Randlov went up to Vail Drive in Lyndonville Vermont to take a great shot like these! Thanks to Erik for taking them!!! They were at times beams shinning up into the sky and also they were dancing!!!

THESE ARE LOOKING NORTH! TOWARDS SHEFFIELD HEIGHTS

post-7965-0-67053700-1352877153_thumb.jp

post-7965-0-08480100-1352877154_thumb.jp

post-7965-0-98733200-1352877152_thumb.jp

a bunch of us Student Meteorologists & News 7 Photojournalist Erik Randlov went up to Vail Drive in Lyndonville Vermont to take a great shot like these! Thanks to Erik for taking them!!! They were at times beams shinning up into the sky and also they were dancing!!!

That brings back some memories...I used to like the open field south of Stonehenge where we played Rugby. With the road there, you had a great view of the northern sky. It's better when they are overhead too.

Awesome pics all around! Love the MWN ones.

That brings back some memories...I used to like the open field south of Stonehenge where we played Rugby. With the road there, you had a great view of the northern sky. It's better when they are overhead too.

Awesome pics all around! Love the MWN ones.

It was amazing last night... watching them dance last night which was very amazing...

Michael-Cempa-aurbo1_880_1352873274.jpg

Michael-Cempa-aurbo2_1352873274.jpg

A couple examples one of the forecasters from GYX submitted to Spaceweather.com last night. The red hues weren't so apparent with the naked eye, but all the texture to the aurora certainly was.

This is taken just outside of the WFO parking lot. For reference, the orange glow just above the treeline on the far right is the lights of Lewiston/Auburn.