Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Sandy/Posttrop Phase Thread For PHL Area

phlwx

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow@ euro. Absolutely unreal solution for call NJ , Delmarva, , PA., NYC ...6z nam leans towards 0z euro. Absolute qpf bomb with this.

Where ever that southwest quad of the storm is as its pivoting, is gonna get the highest rainfall totals...

Wow@ euro. Absolutely unreal solution for call NJ , Delmarva, , PA., NYC ...6z nam leans towards 0z euro. Absolute qpf bomb with this.

Where ever that southwest quad of the storm is as its pivoting, is gonna get the highest rainfall totals...

what kind of rain are you looking at for the lowerbusks area?

"APPEARS THE STRONGEST WIND WILL BE COASTAL AND MONDAY.

TOOK A CONSERVATIVE APPROACH W IF I95 SINCE THERE IS SOME GUIDANCE

SUGGESTING NOT TOO MUCH TRANSFER. HOWEVER...THE LEHIGH VALLEY AND

POCS/NW NJ RIDGES MAY END UP IN ANY FUTURE WATCH EXPANSION AND OR

EVENTUAL WARNING/ADVISORY"

Anyway I look at it from my area (Toms River) we are in for a ride. However cought this in the NOAA area discussion - based on this - maybe west of 95 is spared some winds - JCP&L warning that we could be without power for 7 -10 days, which I will head, but not 100% buying (in my area anyway 10 miles from the coast and no rivers to contend with - been pretty stable power wise through the years and numerous storms)-- local NOAA forcast rainfall amount has up to 5" rain -- local radio has it 6-10" for Ocean County area.

Good luck everyone. Talk is the hyper deep pressures are likely off by 10-20mb because of diabatic processes in the core. Regardless, what has been said is true, if its still deepening as approaching the coast, we'll get an isallobaric contribution. A southern landfall, we'll break tidal records in the Tidal Delaware and Delaware River. A northern landfall, Sandy Hook should break its record. IMO I think its going to be the duration of the winds that actual peak values (plus all of the loosening of leaf laden trees from the heavy rain) that are going to take the toll on us. Check how the pressures are verifying. There will be deepening at the time of capture. I wish everyone the best of luck. I'll post on the other side of Sandy.

Some good news on the winter. No way Eurasian snow cover is going to be below average for October, so our chances for a snowier than current average winter has tripled from about 18% to about 50%.

Good luck everyone. Talk is the hyper deep pressures are likely off by 10-20mb because of diabatic processes in the core. Regardless, what has been said is true, if its still deepening as approaching the coast, we'll get an isallobaric contribution. A southern landfall, we'll break tidal records in the Tidal Delaware and Delaware River. A northern landfall, Sandy Hook should break its record. IMO I think its going to be the duration of the winds that actual peak values (plus all of the loosening of leaf laden trees from the heavy rain) that are going to take the toll on us. Check how the pressures are verifying. There will be deepening at the time of capture. I wish everyone the best of luck. I'll post on the other side of Sandy.

Some good news on the winter. No way Eurasian snow cover is going to be below average for October, so our chances for a snowier than current average winter has tripled from about 18% to about 50%.

thanks Tony

Thanks for posting Tony, I'm sure you guys are um, busy right now. Good luck to you and yours, and thanks for throwing some cold water on Team Torch...

Just a question though, since this is an extremely rare circumstance, that maybe the models ARE'T overdoing the pressure? Hurricane hunters just found a 957 MB pressure, which would lend itself to I think the lower pressures further north possibly verifying.

One question. Are we going to have an official obs thread, or should we just use the photo/video and or banter threads?

This will be very handy for y'all.. til the power and communications disruptions begin, anyway.

http://raws.wrh.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/roman/raws_ca_monitor.cgi?state=PHI&type=&rawsflag=290&timeobs=12&day1=22&month1=9&year1=2007&hour1=22&orderby=e

Just a question though, since this is an extremely rare circumstance, that maybe the models ARE'T overdoing the pressure? Hurricane hunters just found a 957 MB pressure, which would lend itself to I think the lower pressures further north possibly verifying.

Perhaps. Just remember, at 957 mb its still *barely* a cat 1 hurricane. Wind generation is essentially about as efficient as Irene was.

Archived