Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Sandy/Posttrop Phase Thread For PHL Area

phlwx

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh, leave it to Delaware to make this confusing.

Thanks

There is only one Reedy Point that I'm familiar with and it's near the C&D Canal in New Castle County. There is a bridge that crosses the canal in that area called the Reedy Point Bridge. The point itself is about where the canal meets the Delaware. It's nowhere near Lewes.

On Edit, I googled Reedy Point Sussex County and there looks like there is some little spot in the Assawoman Bay west of the Coastal Highway.

doesn't matter as much for us. Bigger issue for the Shore where the center comes in.

Oh, I know......for Jersey Shore folks and the people on Long Island.

My hunch (no science to my thinking) is that Sandy tries to head inland a little further north......obviously that would benefit those further south along the Eastern Seaboard. I really have no clue. Up til yesterday I was thinking Montauk/Block Island.....then things shifted southward and now potentially are creeping back north.

Just huge ramifications for the Jersey shore folks.

Well this is interesting. I like the term "Frankenstorm" the NOAA coined, but we'll have to see how it pans out. All the talk of historical impact concerns me, only because the probabilities of such an impact are so low, yet they get hyped to no end by news outlets.

Still, looking at the latest track with a Hurricane over Delaware sure is intriguing. It's almost like 21 years ago only shifted south considerably--then again it could still move more north.

Archived