Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Sandy/Posttrop Phase Thread For PHL Area

phlwx

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you hate the people, or just that they post the link? To be safe, I'm fixing it. Sorry - was in Gary Gray mode - didn't have much time. :)

Oh, I hate both ;)

Seriously though, I went back through the October snow fest thread a few days ago and its very disappointing to see all the images that aren't there :(

For those who have followed JB for years you may remember his theory on his weather related "Philadelphia Story" ....well he thinks this will be the storm that meets the criteria. Basically a tropical storm/hurricane coming almost right up the Delaware Bay forcing water up the Bay and then meeting the flooding coming down river from the heavy rain and causing serious flooding into the coastal plain at Philadelphia. This would also represent the most damaging storm since 1944 for the NJ shore. He has certainly never wavered on his forecast since at least last Saturday - but a little early for the old "kudos to JB" - but certainly something to watch. I will probably be heading down to Sea Isle to batten down the hatches before heading back here to track the storm by Sunday night.

I wish I had invested in a generator :(

My wife made a run to stock up this afternoon. I'm going to hit up Lowe's after work. Better to have it and not need it (esp. with little one at home). I think tomorrow and Saturday will be bedlam if the consensus holds...

Yup...chaos will begin with the evening news cycle....stocking up today, securing lawn furniture tommorow...looking for alternate places with wifes family to ride out the storm, got a tree on the NW side thats too close for comfort. Hoping this moves more towards the NYC scenario, right by woodbury creek here...although of course I want to witness the high tide lol

I wish I had invested in a generator :(

My wife made a run to stock up this afternoon. I'm going to hit up Lowe's after work. Better to have it and not need it (esp. with little one at home). I think tomorrow and Saturday will be bedlam if the consensus holds...

I was at Home Depot today and they had two pallets in the front of the store. If you are going to get one, get it now.

I have one and plan on changing the oil and testing it this evening. Also for those of you with basements, now is a good time to test your sump pumps. I tested mine last night and found my switch was obstructed. Easy fix, but that would have been bad if I did not look.

Starting to think things are clustering maybe near NYC/LI as opposed to the earlier southerly EC solution. That can change of course but the part of me that says "screw rain, I want to see big wind" would've liked to see the southerly track just to see how strong the winds would get.

Jersey always gets ripped off wind-wise. Maybe that's good ;)

Archived