Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
October 2012 General Discussion

Powerball

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice day. Plenty of sun and made it to 69.

Looks like some decent rain finally on the way for the weekend. Lack of instability and poor timing will keep severe threats west of the DVN cwa IMO.

I think that will be fine for most of us who actually do get a good soaking. I'll take the soaking over a line of decaying t'storms right now, of course both may happen.

So just before the storm arrives the NAM jumps 200 miles south and removes most of the rain from Iowa. Great :axe: . 2012 can't end soon enough.

Better not be a trend. This storm had been so consistent in the big picture in giving much of Wisconsin needed rain that it'd be a punch to the gut if there's a big shift now.

last night's 06z run of the RGEM:

PR_000-048_0000.gif

The 0z run of the GGEM from last night.

PR_000-072_0000.gif

last night's Euro had a very similar look.

Having shown these I would expect a southern shift of these models as well. The upper level low was fairly well sampled by the upper air network with this mornings launches. I think the solution may be in between what these are showing and what this mornings run of the Nam is showing.

9z SREF member still look good for S WI with the warm front but the frontal/low action is def looking better further south.

Yeah, if this were winter we'd be saying still looks like a good front end thump, with the deformation zone coming in further south. I just don't understand how the majority of long range models could actually come in with the deformation zone precip just NW of the Milwaukee area, and then one run shifts the deformation zone into N Illinois. Horrible that the models all miss out on this but the NAM if this comes to fruition.

Yeah, if this were winter we'd be saying still looks like a good front end thump, with the deformation zone coming in further south. I just don't understand how the majority of long range models could actually come in with the deformation zone precip just NW of the Milwaukee area, and then one run shifts the deformation zone into N Illinois. Horrible that the models all miss out on this but the NAM if this comes to fruition.

it's a pretty minor shift and it was 48 hours out at the time...not sure what's so shocking

12z GFS pretty much in agreement with the NAM that a good amount of energy will be hanging back well to the south. CR through Wisconsin would still get the initial decent WAA precip, but then no severe storms and no deformation zone.

That's probably the result of the all day rain the GFS is showing with the initial surge; even from 18-0z and 0z-6z it is showing pretty expansive coverage of probably moderate rain in S Wisconsin, limiting afternoon and evening convection.

Archived