Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
October 2012 General Discussion

Powerball

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's strange how it was colder down in IL then it was in eastern WI last night! - in some parts. Must have been more air movement the further north you went. I'm sure the rest of eastern WI will get there frost before the end of next week.

Up to a breezy 55°.

That's strange how it was colder down in IL then it was in eastern WI last night! - in some parts. Must have been more air movement the further north you went. I'm sure the rest of eastern WI will get there frost before the end of next week.

Up to a breezy 55°.

Probably not.

I already got frost, and I live closer to the city than you Tropical. Something's shady about your temp rising 5F in a short time like you reported last night. Most observation sites made it to freezing or below, exceptions being Milwaukee and Kenosha I believe.

Dunno man, but if I would have hit 32, my cannas would be dead and they are not.

No dice on the freeze.

I already got frost, and I live closer to the city than you Tropical. Something's shady about your temp rising 5F in a short time like you reported last night. Most observation sites made it to freezing or below, exceptions being Milwaukee and Kenosha I believe.

According to Brewers Racine didn't. Kenosha made it to 30° (intrahour obs.).

That Saukville site should have made freezing. Especially since - this site: DW6814 Grafton, WI (D6814) on the lake made it to 30°.

I see Timmerman was 32°.

Greendale 29°

West Allis 30°

I already got frost, and I live closer to the city than you Tropical. Something's shady about your temp rising 5F in a short time like you reported last night. Most observation sites made it to freezing or below, exceptions being Milwaukee, Kenosha and Waukegan I believe.

Fixed to add, Waukegan

According to Brewers Racine didn't. Kenosha made it to 30° (intrahour obs.).

That Saukville site should have made freezing. Especially since - this site: DW6814 Grafton, WI (D6814) on the lake made it to 30°.

I see Timmerman was 32°.

Greendale 29°

West Allis 30°

What do I have to do to prove we didn't hit 32? Here's an excerpt from a canna site:

"Canna plants are not frost hardy."

Mine are still green and flowering.

Hmmmm ... !

What do I have to do to prove we didn't hit 32? Here's an excerpt from a canna site:

Hmmmm ... !

You did hit 32... well the 32's lol

Post pics of the canna's.. simple.. btw I'm pretty much on your side with this one. no freeze.

Fixed to add, Waukegan

Strange how the airport managed to stay up above freezing last night. Probably more wind there - and it is closer to the city. This area would be classified as more sheltered. A wunderground site in Winthrop Harbor managed a 27° low this morning!

Hmmmm ... !

I was thinking about the observation site, not really your yard. I know you have trees in your yard, which help shelter the ground a tad bit.

All three of the major models carve out a large trough across the Central US with that succeeding jet streak, but we'll see what happens. As you mentioned, it does look like the pattern will become rather significantly active towards the end of this week and beyond.

Daily departures for the past three days in Indiana (October 6-8).

BMG: -14, -14, -14

EVV: -14, -13, -11

EYE: -15, -17, -14

FWA: -12, -11, -13

GEZ: -11, -14, -14

GSH: -13, -13, -10

HUF: -12, -13, -13

IND: -14, -14, -14

IWX: -15, -11, -12

LAF: -17, -18, -15

MIE: -13, -17, -14

SBN: -16, -13, -11

October average temperature departures through the 8th.

BMG: -5.5º

EVV: -5.6º

EYE: -6.8º (no data for the 5th)

FWA: -4.5º

GEZ: -3.8º

GSH: -4.2º

HUF: -4.2º

IND: -5.8º

IWX: -5.6º

LAF: -8.1º :lol:

MIE: -5.3º

SBN: -4.6º