joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 3rd-5th Severe Weather Threat

Brewers

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The derecho back in July was essentially the highlight of this Spring/Summer in terms of severe weather (then locally, there was July 4th/5th).

By and large, the past 9-12 months have been utterly disappointing in terms of active weather.

March 2nd? March 15th? (especially the 15th for Michigan)

Events in the last year or so have seemed pretty isolated. The drought has certainly kept events to a minimum this year. No doubt have we seen some impressive events, it's just it's been quite awhile since the entire metro area was rocked by an MCS with widespread damage and power outages. It's a blessing and a curse I suppose :lol:

Alek FTW...good call

I think the ship has sailed for northern Illinois

SPC, et al. FTL. I'm not singling you out Stebo. Heck, even SPC was optimistic. Atmosphere just got waxed.

SPC certainly doesn't agree with y'all.... 5/30/30 hatched for N. IL on the new Outlook

I am not sure why there is all this negativity in this thread this morning, I still see a really good opportunity this afternoon for most of us. I mean hell it is only 1PM/2PM...

Alek FTW...good call

SPC, et al. FTL. I'm not singling you out Stebo. Heck, even SPC was optimistic. Atmosphere just got waxed.

No harm taken, on paper the potential looked really good. But considering I was touting it up, it probably would have been a good idea to take the inverse. I am 0-3 on this calls as of late :(

March 2nd? March 15th? (especially the 15th for Michigan)

What part of "by and large" didn't you understand?

I can also think of a few non-corrupt politicians. That doesn't mean politicians by and large aren't corrupt.

This past winter wasn't much better. There were a few nickel and dimes events, but even then much of anything in terms of significance anywhere in the Midwest and Northeast was lacking for much of the winter (that changed "slightly" by the 2nd half of February, but not nearly enough to salvage a pretty bad winter by most standards on here). Even the lake effect snow events weren't all that impressive.

But the fact of the matter is getting the atmosphere to recover behind not one, but two MCSs was going to be a mighty difficult task anyway, regardless of the time of day. It's just that no one was expecting the 2nd MCS to evolve as it did (the 2nd MCS did weaken around sunrise, then upticked quickly as daytime heating commenced), but that's the nature of convection.

Archived