• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Tropical Storm Isaac, Part 1: Moving Through The Eastern Caribbean Sea

Location of the center has dropped .3 degrees and moved west .5 degrees in 3 hrs...

BULLETIN

TROPICAL STORM ISAAC INTERMEDIATE ADVISORY NUMBER 8A

NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL092012

200 AM AST THU AUG 23 2012

...RECONNAISSANCE AIRCRAFT FINDS THE CENTER OF ISAAC IS REFORMING

FARTHER SOUTH...

SUMMARY OF 200 AM AST...0600 UTC...INFORMATION

----------------------------------------------

LOCATION...15.5N 63.5W

ABOUT 265 MI...425 KM SE OF SAN JUAN PUERTO RICO

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...45 MPH...75 KM/H

PRESENT MOVEMENT...W OR 260 DEGREES AT 20 MPH...32 KM/H

MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...1003 MB...29.62 INCHES

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a big deal. It means possibly missing Shredderola, and it puts more of the Gulf in play. All the models are going to have potentially very different 5-day positions with such a further-S initialization point.

That's also extremely important for intensity. It could be the difference between 30 mph and 130 mph.

We're a whole degree south of the 6z.

I haven't seen this huge of a change in a while.

Also a very tight center to boot.

Whoa, slow down there... is it stacked? Likely not yet.. SFMR had winds of 20 kts when the FL winds were calm. It's likely still tilted further south at 700mb and we don't know if that easterly shear above 600mb has relaxed yet.

Center around 14.7N 63.5W... putting the center on the very eastern edge of the cloud shield. In addition, the 850 hPa is nowhere near the minimum pressure, so its likely even the surface circulation and 850 hPa centers are not vertically aligned. This storm is still quite a mess.

Agree. I dont think this storm gets its act together and begins to intensify until it gets vertically aligned. Hopefully that wont take a while, but it seems it may take a day or so to get its act together as well as flush out the dry air that you posted about above

At 72 hrs, the 00z EURO is skirting the SE coast of Cuba at 1003 mb

Center around 14.7N 63.5W... putting the center on the very eastern edge of the cloud shield. In addition, the 850 hPa is nowhere near the minimum pressure, so its likely even the surface circulation and 850 hPa centers are not vertically aligned. This storm is still quite a mess.

This. I want to see the wind/pressure HDOBS when RECON gets to the NE quad of the storm.

Whoa, slow down there... is it stacked? Likely not yet.. SFMR had winds of 20 kts when the FL winds were calm. It's likely still tilted further south at 700mb and we don't know if that easterly shear above 600mb has relaxed yet.

Wasn't really saying it's organized at all.

This thing is a huge mess, but this is also the most defined wind shift we have had. The NE quad should be a mess, and I'd argue it's going to be hard to even find surface winds of 45 mph.

GOES still analyzes mid to low-level winds in the 20 knot range ahead of Isaac and dry air is clearly being entrained from the SW.

Interestingly enough, the 00z ECMWF is pretty much a bullseye for the 6z position.

2r3vzo4.png

Everybody calm down, this may NOT really be a true reformation farther south, the pressures are actually lower quite a bit to the north of this latest fix. I expect more of these blips coming up- I agree it may barely miss Hispaniola, but western Cuba is still potentially in its way.

Archived