• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Summer update: With June in the books and modestly cooler than normal, the regional string is broken

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You mean the NJ turnpike, right?

So glad you are back to posting regularly... laying it down.

I still don't know how 92F at BDL in July is impressive. That's only 8F higher than average which doesn't seem out of the ordinary considering the departure torch we've seen over the past 12-15 months.

I still don't know how 92F at BDL in July is impressive. That's only 8F higher than average which doesn't seem out of the ordinary considering the departure torch we've seen over the past 12-15 months.

Nothing was impressive about the torch in SNE today...BOS/ORH corridor busted by 10F from this morning's forecast...that is a huge bust. South of the pike only busted by about 5F but was still cooler than forecast.

If this was a cold snap with temps forecasted to be in the 60s and instead we had temps in the 70s to near 80F, there is zero chance that people wouldn't be saying how much of a bust that was and how the cold shot under performed.

After the first 7 days of the month all 4 majors are +4 or better, orh at +5 for the month.

Simply cant compare whats going on here to other parts of the country, the facts are its been well above normal across all of sne so far this month.

It's above normal, but doesn't look particularly unusual. It's child's play compared to the MA and Midwest.

Hey Rick, nothing jumps out at me either, 93 for the coast is a good number, its just the onslaught of day after day of above normal which makes it impressive, anything over +2 in July is a hot month around these parts especially being the peak of warmth climo speaking

Because it is not impressive lol. BDL hits 92 in their sleep.

It's been a breezy couple of weeks here. No stagnant manky weather. Autumn in under 60 days, that's good news.

Dude awesome July weather coming up... zone forecast for here in Lamoille County, VT has back-to-back upper 40s at night, and 70s during the day.

I honestly couldn't write better weather for this time of year.

Sunday: Patchy dense fog in the morning. Partly sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. Light and variable winds.

Sunday Night: Clear. Lows in the upper 40s. Light and variable winds.

Monday: Sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. Light and variable winds.

Monday Night: Clear. Lows in the upper 40s. Light and variable winds.

Tuesday: Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 70s.

Tuesday Night And Wednesday: Clear. Lows in the lower 50s. Highs in the upper 70s.

Sunday Night looks pretty darn chilly....we've got upper 40s here in the grids but ALB is going ballz to the wallz cold on Sunday and Monday nights with some spots even into the 30s.

ALB's zone forecast has lower 40s but I found some point 'n click spots in the 30s.

Sunday: Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

Sunday Night: Mostly clear in the evening...then becoming partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 40s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph... Diminishing to around 5 mph after midnight.

Monday: Sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Monday Night: Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 40s. Northwest winds around 5 mph in the evening...becoming light and variable.

84F is the normal for this date.

92F isn't impressive when the forecast was for 97F. Well at least not to me anyway. If they had made a run at 100F, I would have called that impressive.

Yeah I never said it was, just wondered what there normal high is, I think it gets to 85 at the peak? Not sure

Upper 30s/40s in NNE while SNE is in the 60s and DC area is in the mid 70s for lows next week. Next.

There will be a lot of 50s on Sunday night around here and some of the cold elevated valleys might get into upper 40s. The urban centers though probably wont get into the 50s.

Dude awesome July weather coming up... zone forecast for here in Lamoille County, VT has back-to-back upper 40s at night, and 70s during the day.

I honestly couldn't write better weather for this time of year.

Yep, just sweet. I enjoy Summer when it's like this, if we actually lived in conditions that were like those forecast by Blizz I'd be miserable. However, that's not reality, reality is things aren't usually extreme. Modest positive and negative departures are what we see. I like betting on climo.

Upper 30s/40s in NNE while SNE is in the 60s and DC area is in the mid 70s for lows next week. Next.

40's here in this part of SNE. With a forecast low of 49 I'll bet the glen here pulls a 45-46.

Sunday Night Patchy fog after 4am. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 49. Northwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening.

That has me fully naked. Humidity with storms . I would sign up for days and days months and months. Just weeks and weeks of bad hair days for the long haired

Any warmth that would accompany that humidity will be battered by continually shortening duration of diurnal heating and ever lowering sun angle. A few more weeks and the trees will adopt that 'late-summer' look that precurses the autumnal change.

Archived