Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Northeast Severe/Convective/Thunder thread IV

NJwinter23

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had quarters to half dollars in Lebanon, biggest I have seen in years.

Nice!!! We got some great photos from Lebanon.

Seems like the worst hail was in Watertown/Waterbury/Cheshire and then again in Clinton/Westbrook/Killingworth. Hail up to egg size in all those locations!

Mod risk type of day for wind/hail..prob not tor's

LOL

So you thought Friday was a tornado day with very meh helicity and hodo's that were pretty much straight...now the NAM has incredible shear/instability/helicity and you say no tor's :lol:

Not saying the NAM is correct or will be correct but given what it's showing that should open everyone's eyes.

LOL

So you thought Friday was a tornado day with very meh helicity and hodo's that were pretty much straight...now the NAM has incredible shear/instability/helicity and you say no tor's :lol:

Not saying the NAM is correct or will be correct but given what it's showing that should open everyone's eyes.

I think we a shot wiz

On the off chance the national media doesn't report it, 5,647 Central Maine Power customers are without electricity.

I am one of them. Had to go out for dinner as a result. Plenty of debris on the road - twigs mostly but some larger limbs as well ... maybe up to 2" in diameter. I won't bother naming the street for Wiz as I live 250 miles to his northeast.

Huge area of severe hail from that supercell. Red is >1"... yellow is >1.75".

While the supercell was a bit north of where I thought the threat was some ofthe higher instability that was modeled near the NYC snuck into western CT. Storms around HFD never really got going.

Overall I'm pleased with the forecast... especially considering SPC/NWS had zilch here yesterday in the forecast.

post-40-0-49861800-1341192129_thumb.jpg

Archived