12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Summer of 2012 BANTER thread...

ag3

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Figures-heading to OC, NJ tomorrow-would suck if the 1st day is a rainout...(although that looks mostly offshore)

No model is anywhere near that, which is why I posted in banter thread. Euro is hundreds of miles east.

No model is anywhere near that, which is why I posted in banter thread. Euro is hundreds of miles east.

Yeah if the GGEM is the only model supporting you for a winter storm, it's time to give up that idea. It's one step above toilet paper, the bad kind.

Guest Pamela

No, you're the one assuming people-without-met-tags = "weenies". When did I ever say that people without met tags are out of line and rude? Link? I said weenies are, and in my example listed, they were. Don S, earthlight etc don't have met tags and they're clearly some of the best posters on the board.

I'm not sure where you got this idea from.

As I see it, there's two definitions of the term "weenie": One is a lighthearted term that encompasses anyone with a passion for weather, which would include pretty much all of us, mets and non-mets included; the other is a more derogatory term that includes any poster that just roots for the most extreme solution, or shows little knowledge about the nuances of weather, and no inclination to learn.

Ok...one of the moderators has provided us with a definition for the term "weenie" (who, you, as noted, describe as "incredibly rude and disrespectful")...the mod says it can be anyone with a passion for weather *or* just someone who roots for "extreme solutions" with "little knowledge". You have removed "Don S" and "Earthlight" from that group. I am anxious to know who *is* a member of this group that you have so broadly brushed as "incredibly rude and disrespectful." That group needs to be made aware of who they are. How can you expect them to refute the charge....or, on the other hand, evolve from this brutish state you claim they are in? Face facts, when a charge like yours is brought, names need to be named. Otherwise your assertions have very little value...sort of like when one attributes negative behavior to an entire ethnic group or class of people when it is in fact practiced by just a few in their group...

Guest Pamela

Take your strawmen.. elsewhere. It isn't wanted here.

Strawmen (definition): A term favored by memebers of American WX and formerly Eastern Wx. Many learn of it for the first time when they venture over to off-topic / Politics. It is used to describe an opposing argument that they either 1/ don't like or 2/ can't adequately respond to.

Guest Pamela

It isn't wanted here.

Typical hubris....claiming to know what is "best for the board"...which in reality is nothing more than what is best for the individual author...

Ok...one of the moderators has provided us with a definition for the term "weenie" (who, you, as noted, describe as "incredibly rude and disrespectful")...the mod says it can be anyone with a passion for weather *or* just someone who roots for "extreme solutions" with "little knowledge". You have removed "Don S" and "Earthlight" from that group. I am anxious to know who *is* a member of this group that you have so broadly brushed as "incredibly rude and disrespectful." That group needs to be made aware of who they are. How can you expect them to refute the charge....or, on the other hand, evolve from this brutish state you claim they are in? Face facts, when a charge like yours is brought, names need to be named. Otherwise your assertions have very little value...sort of like when one attributes negative behavior to an entire ethnic group or class of people when it is fact practiced by just a few in their group...

In that I was responding to a post about SPECIFIC PEOPLE IN A THREAD IN THE SNE SUBFORUM, you should have known there were specific people involved. Since you seem to want to throw gasoline on the fire, in particular I was referring to CT Blizz as that is who made the tornado rating assertions and who I called out. So no, weenies don't include earthlight, Don S, or - wait for it - you, William. I hope that you're able to sleep at night now that you've got that cleared up!

Strawmen (definition): A term favored by memebers of American WX and formerly Eastern Wx. Many learn of it for the first time when they venture over to off-topic / Politics. It is used to describe an opposing argument that they either 1/ don't like or 2/ can't adequately respond to.

Or maybe you put words in my mouth and then struck them down when you completely made up a position for me that didn't involve you?

Typical hubris....claiming to know what is "best for the board"...which in reality is nothing more than what is best for the individual author...

I apologize for wanting a higher level of discourse in this forum than strawmen and rude posts that come out of the blue. I've honestly never interacted with you and don't have a ****ing clue why you have such a problem with me. I should have known better than to expect anything reasonable in this subforum.

Whatever. **** this place. I'm moving away in a week and you'll all never have to deal with me or my snobbishness again. With most mets in this subforum already uninterested in posting (I mean, even HM was pissed off. Quite the feat) I'll just be another name on a list. I'm sure you're all pleased.

Guest Pamela

I think it's pretty obvious that in context, Jake did not mean 'all non-met tag posters' with his "weenies" comment.

"It requires a very unusual mind to undertake the analysis of the obvious..."

...Alfred Whitehead

Guest Pamela

[/background][/size][/font][/color]

In that I was responding to a post about SPECIFIC PEOPLE IN A THREAD IN THE SNE SUBFORUM, you should have known there were specific people involved. Since you seem to want to throw gasoline on the fire, in particular I was referring to CT Blizz as that is who made the tornado rating assertions and who I called out. So no, weenies don't include earthlight, Don S, or - wait for it - you, William. I hope that you're able to sleep at night now that you've got that cleared up!

I'm glad we have an answer now rather than wildly hurled charges...remember, in your original post you said "here" not "there"...so most would infer that you were inveighing against the NYC subforum...not SNE's.

I'm glad we have an answer now rather than wildly hurled charges...remember, in your original post you said "here" not "there"...so most would infer that you were inveighing against the NYC subforum...not SNE's.

And if you read for context you'd know I was talking about that thread in the SNE subforum. And yes, there are weenies in this subforum, too. Sue me.

Guest Pamela

Whatever. **** this place. I'm moving away in a week and you'll all never have to deal with me or my snobbishness again. With most mets in this subforum already uninterested in posting (I mean, even HM was pissed off. Quite the feat) I'll just be another name on a list. I'm sure you're all pleased.

Always the grand exit gesture...as if leaving a message board is akin to some far flung mission to the outer reaches of the known world.

Guest Pamela

Whatever. **** this place. I'm moving away in a week and you'll all never have to deal with me or my snobbishness again.

I have no problems with snobbery...I'm on record for saying that Nikolai is one of the best posters both here and at Eastern...difference is that he makes very intelligent arguments while you haven't quite reached that level...

Guest Pamela

if only we could provide you with the proper thrust.

Go back to your dinner....do I meddle in your business?

<third time...geez>

Archived