• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Heat complaint thread

ag3

I grew up spending my summers on the hot Mediterranean coasts of Europe. It was pretty much between 90 and 100 and sunny every single day in the summer with a few rare exceptions here and there. I can deal with the heat if need be. I have a problem with humidity more so than heat and this being New York when we get big heat it's usually accompanied by humidity.

Humidity sucks.

I grew up spending my summers on the hot Mediterranean coasts of Europe. It was pretty much between 90 and 100 and sunny every single day in the summer with a few rare exceptions here and there. I can deal with the heat if need be. I have a problem with humidity more so than heat and this being New York when we get big heat it's usually accompanied by humidity.

Humidity sucks.

When i was in cyprus that may have been the hottest and most humid place i have ever been. Was there in july 2000, i remember couldnt go up top on the ship we were on, it was worse than a steam room. I have never felt anything like that since. Not in florida, jamaica, ny, anywhere.

When i was in cyprus that may have been the hottest and most humid place i have ever been. Was there in july 2000, i remember couldnt go up top on the ship we were on, it was worse than a steam room. I have never felt anything like that since. Not in florida, jamaica, ny, anywhere.

He's talking about the dry conditions of Greece. Along the Aegean Sea and Mediterranean.

I've been there several times, and conditions are very dry there from June through September. Barely rains and the temps are always 85-100 degrees, but dry.

Not to mention, some of the most stunning beaches and scenery in the world surrounds that area; so that helps.

2753126743_4249a4e948.jpg

He's talking about the dry conditions of Greece. Along the Aegean Sea and Mediterranean.

I've been there several times, and conditions are very dry there from June through September. Barely rains and the temps are always 85-100 degrees, but dry.

Not to mention, some of the most stunning beaches and scenery in the world surround that area; so that helps.

2753126743_4249a4e948.jpg

Then why was Cyprus so freakin humid in comparison...it was awful

Then why was Cyprus so freakin humid in comparison...it was awful

Weird. Usually southern Europe is hot and bone dry. There are rare exceptions though and that might have been it. Check the climate stats for Italy, Greece and Spain during the summer months and you'll see what I mean.

Weird. Usually southern Europe is hot and bone dry. There are rare exceptions though and that might have been it. Check the climate stats for Italy, Greece and Spain during the summer months and you'll see what I mean.

Just look at the 10 day forecast for Athens, Greece.

10 straight days of 85-90 with 50-55 dewpoints, 30-40% humidity and 0% chance of rain.

That's pretty much all summer except the temps get to 90-105.

Just look at the 10 day forecast for Athens, Greece.

10 straight days of 85-90 with 50-55 dewpoints, 30-40% humidity and 0% chance of rain.

That's pretty much all summer except the temps get to 90-105.

And Spain gets even hotter. There's a reason southern California is said to have a Mediterranean climate; it doesn't rain there all summer either. Just some scattered storms once in a while in s. Europe.

Archived