amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Mountain West Discussion

Chinook

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ick. This is not fun. Even the dogs don't want to go outside. Now there is a new fire in Estes Park- only 20 acres so far, hopefully they can slam it before anything gets going.

Considering the amount of beetle kill trees up there, I imagine they are hitting it with everything they can spare.

I went up to East Portal today and it was beautiful until about noon. At that point it started getting hot even at 11,000 feet.

Fort Collins weather station

Friday: 97 (record)

Saturday: 100 (maybe a record)

Today (Sunday): 101 (record)

This was the hottest day in Fort Collins since I moved here.

and

It's Raining!!! The thunderstorm seems to be intensifying. I have seen some good lightning bolts.

Fort Collins weather station

Friday: 97 (record)

Saturday: 100 (maybe a record)

Today (Sunday): 101 (record)

This was the hottest day in Fort Collins since I moved here.

and

It's Raining!!! The thunderstorm seems to be intensifying. I have seen some good lightning bolts.

Other than maybe a single raindrop or two, we had a completely dry thunderstorm move thru Boulder earlier. Wind really kicked up, numerous small branches down and a couple close CG strikes.

Boulder just tied it's all-time record high at 104F. Still have about an hour left to potentially eclipse it.

Edit: And according to the NWS, DIA also tied their all-time record high of 105F.

Yup. Absolutely amazing stretch of heat!

All Time Record High Temperature Tied in Denver - 105F!

At 3:34 PM MDT Monday, June 25th, the temperature at Denver International Airport reached 105 degrees. This ties the ALL time record high temperature ever recorded in Denver (also reached on July 20, 2005 and August 8, 1878. This reading breaks the all time JUNE record high temperature (previous 104 degrees) in Denver, and also marks four consecutive days of 100+ heat.

Well, now we've got a fire on the edge of the mountain parks about 2 miles from Boulder. Apparently it's slow moving so hopefully they can get it under control quickly.

http://www.dailycame...mall-grassfires

The NCAR Mesa Lab is being evacuated. Pretty drastic all things considered, but you can't blame them for being cautious with the land so dry.

Change in wind direction and thunderstorms popping up north of the Waldo Canyon Fire causing smoke to drift further south. Wonder if those storms will provide relief or cause more pain with the added winds and increased chance of lighting.

I-25 and Woodmen, change in about 10 minutes:

WindowsMediaCenter26-Jun-12000001.jpg

WindowsMediaCenter26-Jun-12172205-1.jpg

WindowsMediaCenter26-Jun-12172649.jpg

KKTV has been running coverage since late Saturday night. Their live stream can be found here:

http://www.kktv.com/video/live

Archived