• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Memorial Weekend Heat Wave

Hoosier

I went upper 90's at ORD but I'm not sure there's enough time to make it. What do you think?

I had liked Skillings consistent call of 97, but given it's only 89 as of noon it would obviously be very hard to reach that unless something extraordinary were to happen.

IKK is up to 94. DP's continue to mix out, with mid 50's showing up.

If the RR somehow pulls this one out, it would be something...

Edit: ORD is up to 90.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no blow torch winds out today, which I'm surprised about. Hard to find any station with a wind over 10mph. Up to 77°, but with a steady east wind.

That's the problem it seems. There is no low level jet to speak of and the marine / t-storm outflow layer just refuses to mix out. If anything easterly outflow is getting stronger. Seriously, wind is gusting to 25 out of the east. WTF!

I'm working in Ann Arbor today and the temp dropped 3 degrees just now. Sitting at 77 now.... No way do we crack 85.. 8 degree temp bust.

I'm calling this a back-door cold front bust. MCS over Upper Lower is even making a turn to the right and may even clip Saganaw and Flint.

I'm calling this a back-door cold front bust. MCS over Upper Lower is even making a turn to the right and may even clip Saganaw.

The height of those cloud tops by Saginaw is probably causing a very extreme outflow boundary.

That's the problem it seems. There is no low level jet to speak of and the marine / t-storm outflow layer just refuses to mix out. If anything easterly outflow is getting stronger. Seriously, wind is gusting to 25 out of the east. WTF!

Lol, I don't see it as a problem. Less AC today. That renewed push from the east will probably translate to a stronger lake wind here. 80 now.

Seeing some interesting dewpoint spikes and falls here over the last few hours. It's been as low as 56, only to quickly rise back into the low 60s. Thinking the less mixed area just to the south/west with their higher dews is advecting in on the southwest breeze, only to mix out again. Not a cloud in the sky today.

Archived