• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Unsettled cool weather ends April, what does May bring

Ginx snewx

Hmm..... well either way Kev said he wouldn't get below the middle 30s either two days ago, so.... :whistle:

He may not... I know that my extended family which farms up in North Woodstock, CT to his NE rarely has true frosts. They are up on a hill at just over 800ft and while there's a lot of frosts just a few hundred feet down the road in the 400-600ft elevation range, they usually have to have a NW flow freeze to get down to 32F or below. Its very hard to decouple up on those hills.

Meanwhile if you are in northern ORH county you can be at high elevation but still surrounded by higher terrain allowing you to decouple. Or even in more generally flat terrain up at high elevation...not a rolling hill-top.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there are signals for a much more meaningful warm departure evolving beyond D7, however well illustrated in the synoptic charts or not.

we'll see how it it emerges... We are losing the maridional bias and trending toward lower N-S oriented amplitude; the type of flow correlates very highly to eventual strengthening of subtropical ridges.

after that interval of flattening ...which is really signaled unilaterally around the hemisphere (possible implication being a meaningful Rosby repositioning), the PNA is scheduled to rise - but at some 14 days out, that could evaporate.

He may not... I know that my extended family which farms up in North Woodstock, CT to his NE rarely has true frosts. They are up on a hill at just over 800ft and while there's a lot of frosts just a few hundred feet down the road in the 400-600ft elevation range, they usually have to have a NW flow freeze to get down to 32F or below. Its very hard to decouple up on those hills.

Meanwhile if you are in northern ORH county you can be at high elevation but still surrounded by higher terrain allowing you to decouple. Or even in more generally flat terrain up at high elevation...not a rolling hill-top.

Couldn't have said it better myself. It's a rare occurrence that we get frosty conditions here on the hilltop. And never, ever in the fall or spring..Just freezing conditions..like you said on NW CAA.

It'll likely get into the 37-38 degree range tonight..Sat morning looks colder.

No need for frost adv tonight anywhere.

american models looking to finally be putting there pathetic tails between there legs and following the king for this weekend, suppression sensation, hopefully we can be sunny, even with cold 850s with sun this time of year should be around 60 in the cp. Fingers crossed.

american models looking to finally be putting there pathetic tails between there legs and following the king for this weekend, suppression sensation, hopefully we can be sunny, even with cold 850s with sun this time of year should be around 60 in the cp. Fingers crossed.

The king wasn't any better. IMO it did worse.

Couldn't have said it better myself. It's a rare occurrence that we get frosty conditions here on the hilltop. And never, ever in the fall or spring..Just freezing conditions..like you said on NW CAA.

It'll likely get into the 37-38 degree range tonight..Sat morning looks colder.

No need for frost adv tonight anywhere.

Agree on no frost adv needed but the flow seems light Sunday morning as CAA wanes. I think valleys will be near 30 while kev may be 33-35. Still frosty or sure. Idk if you'll get below 32, but I do think it'll be colder than you initially out looked earlier this week.

You may not have 'frost' but it'll be much colder than you out looked with -6c at 850. Only so warm you can be. We'll see

Well it was pretty close with this last big storm. A few hundred miles east and Kevin would have had no power again.

That was an interesting storm, purely elevational in the end despite many forecasts. Seemed there were just not enough dynamics, and the storm was a bit too progressive to really get a good deform band going. Having said that the highest hilltops were pasted.

I went out to mow the lawn at lunch (1:00p.m.). The rain started and the 'balmy' 47* dropped to 40.7. What a misearably cold time it was. The torch continues.

It does Mike, its actually quite incredible how warm its been over the last 14 months but of course especially the last 6 with seasonal, daily, and monthly records falling by the wayside. Looks like this endless torch maybe recharging for another run in the next 7-10 days.......the warmth over interior new england last fall this winter and especially march is just jaw dropping stuff.

Hope all is well, I was in Westport today at a couple properties and always think about you, I have only been to one GTG but hopefully I can get to some this summer, especially if we can get something outside of the bos>orh area. Take it easy!

Yeah, i have some hills around me but pretty flat for the most part

Archived