joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2012 General Discussion

Guru Of Reason

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Euro has been trending cooler mid to late next week. Previous runs had several days of 60s following the early week torch. The 12z run has several days of 50s with a freeze possibility for many of us Friday morning.

Boy the Pacific sure looks different than it has for the past... oh, 2 years...

I don't see this La Nina busting by mid summer.

It is basically just about outta here already. The east PAC is already close to/or fully into Nino ( +0.5 or warmer ) and the warming has began again in the western regions ( 3.4 and 4 are already just out of Nina and thus now on the cool side neutral at around -0.4..Need -0.5 or colder for Nina ) and this should only pick up with the current MJO wave picking up steam again in Phase 7-8-1..

It is basically just about outta here already. The east PAC is already close to/or fully into Nino ( +0.5 or warmer ) and the warming has began again in the western regions ( 3.4 and 4 are already just out of Nina and thus now on the cool side neutral at around -0.4..Need -0.5 or colder for Nina ) and this should only pick up with the current MJO wave picking up steam again in Phase 7-8-1..

It will be interesting to see if the NAO continues to drop as well.

Phase 1 in April is cool I believe in this region.

ensplume_full.gif

So a MCS is supposed to develop tonight. Here is the 18z NAM's take on it. It will be moving into some cool air around here...

ptot22.gif

How long will it roll into neutral? Long duration or jumping back into Nina or right into a weak niño ?

I don't see this La Nina busting by mid summer.

First, Harry beat me to it, it's already busted. Both CFS1 and 2 say warm neutral or even weak nino by mid summer and they have been inching up the last few weeks.

Second, I was not referring to ssts, but to the long range pattern out there showing up on the Euro. The semi-permanent goa monster 960mb low is gone and replaced with some ridging at least, and every model wants to bring in some sort of troughing in the east. I don't pretend to be very knowledgeable and certainly don't want to get into any long range stuff because I would get my a-- kicked, but you gotta at least look at the signs. I know a warmth lover like you might not want to look, and the easy call is more torch, but you have to at least look at what keeps showing up.

Green Bay put out a really nice disco a couple days ago on this and why it seems the models are having fits. If I find it I'll link it.

Then again by tomorrow everything will look different so, carry on.

http://forecast.weat...n=30&glossary=1

First, Harry beat me to it, it's already busted. Both CFS1 and 2 say warm neutral or even weak nino by late summer and they have been inching up the last few weeks.

Second, I was not referring to ssts, but to the long range pattern out there showing up on the Euro. The semi-permanent goa monster 960mb low is gone and replaced with some ridging at least, and every model wants to bring in some sort of troughing in the east. I don't pretend to be very knowledgeable and certainly don't want to get into any long range stuff because I would get my a-- kicked, but you gotta at least look at the signs. I know a warmth lover like you might not want to look, and the easy call is more torch, but you have to at least look at what keeps showing up.

Green Bay put out a really nice disco a couple days ago on this and why it seems the models are having fits. If I find it I'll link it.

Then again by tomorrow everything will look different so, carry on.

http://forecast.weat...n=30&glossary=1

From the Green Bay Disco

THE MODELS HAVE BIG DIFFERENCES BY THE MIDDLE OF NEXT WEEK AND

ARE COMPLETELY OUT OF PHASE WITH EACH OTHER MUCH OF THE TIME.

BELIEVE THIS IS DUE TO A POSSIBLE PATTERN CHANGE TO RIDGING OVER

ALASKA AND THE POSSIBLE ESTABLISHMENT OF A POLAR VORTEX OVER THE

GREAT LAKES BY THE SECOND WEEK OF APRIL.

:wub: :wub: :thumbsup:

polar vortex? That is what the GFS was showing a few days back... 18z GFS doesn't show anything like that, but you can never be sure until we are late into April.

Probably not. 12z Euro had the ridge in the rockies/northwest flow over the lakes look though at day 10.

Day 10 this time of year is silly, fun to speculate though.

Don't really care what the pattern is, period. And I'm not here trying to beg for cold. At this point it would suck and hurt a lot of people. There's no sign to me of colder than normal anywhere, but the March torch while being fun for all of us (most of us) was really a little unsettling. Everything has to end sooner or later. A little more climo wouldn't be all that bad. I sweat enough in July.

Archived