• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY/North Country: Heart of Spring 2012NY + adjacent ON, QC, VT

Just saying but the end of next week and much of the following week will probably feature some pretty good convective threats 23-25th and around 29th and 1 July. Later two events could be BIG! We'll see. I hope to fine tune my outlook more by this Saturday.

Hope you're right! While I'm one of the few on the board who enjoys some summer heat...it does lose some of its appeal if there's no convective payoff. For me...nothing says summer like being outside on a muggy summer evening watching/listening to an approaching storm.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope you're right! While I'm one of the few on the board who enjoys some summer heat...it does lose some of its appeal if there's no convective payoff. For me...nothing says summer like being outside on a muggy summer evening watching/listening to an approaching storm.

Ditto! Here in CNY (at least for me), we've had a dearth of activity (genreally speaking) for the last 10 years it seems. I remember as a kid of so much more activity back in the 70's and 80's around here, and honestly, over the last 10 years or so, I can really only say that I've been in a "bad" storm maybe 2 or 3 times.....

I here ya man! Just hope its always after my round of golf is over! =P

OK. here's what I have come up with..sort of playing around with my Hovmoller chart (this is for ENY - but WNE/CNY will probably be close.

Sun/Mon Weak - June 17th-18th weak BDCF - dry - no convection

Tues/Wed 19th-20th June front washes out HOT and not very humid dry

Thurs 21st Humidty moves in; pseudo warm front higher theat-e air late this day chance for storms. Possible MCS system

Fri 22nd - Better chance for convection this day "moisture" discontinuity/weak "cold front" Strong storms possible aftn/eve

Sat 23rd - 2ndary cold front moves through Sct'd strong storms late

Sun 24th - Unsettled some showers but cooleer

25th thru 28th High pressure cooler and quiet

Thanks for your thoughts Andy. I wasn't on here for a few days...given the boring doldrums we are in.

A beautiful day out here today.....

OK. here's what I have come up with..sort of playing around with my Hovmoller chart (this is for ENY - but WNE/CNY will probably be close.

Sun/Mon Weak - June 17th-18th weak BDCF - dry - no convection

Tues/Wed 19th-20th June front washes out HOT and not very humid dry

Thurs 21st Humidty moves in; pseudo warm front higher theat-e air late this day chance for storms. Possible MCS system

Fri 22nd - Better chance for convection this day "moisture" discontinuity/weak "cold front" Strong storms possible aftn/eve

Sat 23rd - 2ndary cold front moves through Sct'd strong storms late

Sun 24th - Unsettled some showers but cooleer

25th thru 28th High pressure cooler and quiet

Could see some 100 degree heat index values this week.

From BUF

IT WILL BE HOT AND HUMID TUESDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY AS AFTERNOON

TEMPERATURES ARE FORECAST TO CLIMB TO BETWEEN 90 AND 95 AWAY FROM

THE LAKES. FOR SEVERAL HOURS WEDNESDAY...THIS HEAT WILL COMBINE

WITH FAIRLY HUMID AIR TO PRODUCE HEAT INDEX VALUES OF 95 TO 100.

THIS MAY WARRANT THE ISSUANCE OF HEAT ADVISORIES IN A LATER

FORECAST PACKAGE.

Could see some 100 degree heat index values this week.

From BUF

IT WILL BE HOT AND HUMID TUESDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY AS AFTERNOON

TEMPERATURES ARE FORECAST TO CLIMB TO BETWEEN 90 AND 95 AWAY FROM

THE LAKES. FOR SEVERAL HOURS WEDNESDAY...THIS HEAT WILL COMBINE

WITH FAIRLY HUMID AIR TO PRODUCE HEAT INDEX VALUES OF 95 TO 100.

THIS MAY WARRANT THE ISSUANCE OF HEAT ADVISORIES IN A LATER

FORECAST PACKAGE.

Hey Devin, we know where you live. You do not have to say OP with every post. Especially when your username says Devin in Op. :whistle:

"Only 0.03″ in the rain gauge this morning here in OP."

"Nothing here in OP"

ALB record high for tomorrow & Thursday is 97. Not sure we'll break that either day...maybe tie tomorrow. I'm thinking 97 tomorrow...96 Thursday. Kinda bummed we can't hang onto the heat one more day and make it an official heat wave. Oh well.

Thankfully it is short lived and won't be that hot out here. Looking MUCH cooler early next week?

Two days of heat is bearable. Nice that the clouds, etc. held us to 79 on Tuesday.

But I flipped the central a/c on now in anticipation of the heat.

ALB record high for tomorrow & Thursday is 97. Not sure we'll break that either day...maybe tie tomorrow. I'm thinking 97 tomorrow...96 Thursday. Kinda bummed we can't hang onto the heat one more day and make it an official heat wave. Oh well.

Landed up being 91.8 in Orchard Park today. Worked outside from noon to five this afternoon and it was BRUTAL. Thank god today is the longest day of the year. Now the days get shorter untill Christmas time!!! Woo-hoo!

Played frolf today at the ridge with my cousin, then went to Bennett beach all night. Was epic day! 90 all day and sunny totally got burnt. Water was beautiful, loved every minute of it. Hope winter holds off until late November, I think I am converting to a summer lover more then a snow lover haha. Being cold blows!

Played frolf today at the ridge with my cousin, then went to Bennett beach all night. Was epic day! 90 all day and sunny totally got burnt. Water was beautiful, loved every minute of it. Hope winter holds off until late November, I think I am converting to a summer lover more then a snow lover haha. Being cold blows!

I like the nice weather but not the hot, and to say summer is better than winter you should be banned from the forums lol. Jk.

Convection season has really been a bit of a dud IMBY. We had that one decent line move through a couple weeks ago, although all the real fun was to the north. Other than that, we've seen nothing more than a couple rumbles of thunder and a brief downpour or two. Last year was way better...probably had at least 3 decent events by about the same time last year.

Convection season has really been a bit of a dud IMBY. We had that one decent line move through a couple weeks ago, although all the real fun was to the north. Other than that, we've seen nothing more than a couple rumbles of thunder and a brief downpour or two. Last year was way better...probably had at least 3 decent events by about the same time last year.

Yea, I think I have heard some distant thunder so far this year and that's it.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived