• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The bright side of this dismal winter...

buckeye

no particular order....feel free to add :)

1. never had to stay up for a 1am euro run.

2. lower heating bills

3. no eruption of regional troll wars since there was nothing to battle over.

4. my snowblower broke last year and I never got around to ordering the part....turns out that mistake worked out well.

5. less road salt and car washing

6. this early warmth is the bomb

7. the winter was soooo bad wrt snow and cold stats, it will lower the bar tremendously for next winter and make the next good snowstorm that much sweeter.

8. nothing to track meant there was no disappointment.

9. kinda fun watching the usual winter-hypster pro-met personalities continually crash and burn as they tried with futility to pull some semblance of winter's return out of their asses over and over again.

10. the warminista got their huge victory....maybe they'll go back in the ground like locusts for a few years.

2. lower heating bills

4. my snowblower broke last year and I never got around to ordering the part....turns out that mistake worked out well.

7. the winter was soooo bad wrt snow and cold stats, it will lower the bar tremendously for next winter and make the next good snowstorm that much sweeter.

9. kinda fun watching the usual winter-hypster pro-met personalities continually crash and burn as they tried with futility to pull some semblance of winter's return out of their asses over and over again.

10. the warminista got their huge victory....maybe they'll go back in the ground like locusts for a few years.

This is so true. If next winter there is just one solid week of cold and snow we will think we're in the arctic circle!

2. lower heating bills

lol. great list. JB might turn to coaching JV wrestling after this disaster of a winter.

I'll be paying close attention to Don Sutherland's forecast for 12/13

I forgot to bring my winter jacket to college, but I never needed it.

Didn't have to trudge through snow walking to class.

They don't cancel classes for snow here EVER, so the snow day aspect wasn't a problem (meanwhile at my old school district at home, they went without a snow day for the first time since...well since at least 13 years ago when I was in kindergarten)

The winter sucked for EVERYONE

2. lower heating bills

Pretty much all true. Up here we did had a couple storms to track but in the end no big sleepless nights storms to track.

Except #5 over the past couple weeks around here. Every time a flurry has fallen the past couple weeks the road commission has been out DUMPING salt. I think they are 1) trying to get hours in because of the lack of hours this winter and/or 2) required to use up the stock they have.

#6 is going to be very true next week!! Time to break out the bikes next week! :)

Buckeye your on a roll today!

100% agree with # 1,2 and 9. Especially 9. Epic fail. Thats like the "experts" saying the Lions will finish 13-3 and end up 2-14. Not even close.

predictions are like ***holes everyones got one.

Heres one for the winter of 12/13. The opposite of the experts!

I guess what surprised me more was the shear hatred of warmth by many. Most I know love summer while many weather fans seem to hate summer.

Hate Dry Hot summers actually I despise them. Like below average temps in the summer with frequent t-storms

I'm all ready counting down the months till September. Love the Fall then of course the Winter. BTW: 8 Months till November!

Hate Dry Hot summers actually I despise them. Like below average temps in the summer with frequent t-storms

I'm all ready counting down the months till September. Love the Fall then of course the Winter. BTW: 8 Months till November!

I have noticed this attitude from many weather posters in these forums.

Heat doesn't bother me one bit. Bring it! Last summer was great. Lets do it again.

Interesting you would say you 'want' below normal temps with frequent t-storms. 2009 was below normal and turnout to be the most boring summer in my life for t-storm action IMBY. 2010 & 2011 were above normal & stormy.

Same here. They are boring! I despise dewpoints over 60°. Only time humidity is good for anything is for thunderstorms. Luckily being close to the lake helps cut down on the summer heat.

I guess what surprised me more was the shear hatred of warmth by many. Most I know love summer while many weather fans seem to hate summer.

I like warmth, just not in DJFM. Having warmth in the summer always seems to be more of a given then cold in the winter.

By cold I mean 32 or below as high temps.

Severe weather in Michigan is so disappointing, its not really a factor in seasonal enjoyment.

You either like cold and snow or you don't. I get tired of hearing from Michigan posters how excited they are for severe weather. It will be a dud as always.

Severe weather in Michigan is so disappointing, its not really a factor in seasonal enjoyment.

You either like cold and snow or you don't. I get tired of hearing from Michigan posters how excited they are for severe weather. It will be a dud as always.

This. I agree. Thats why were better off with temps 70's and 80's with a few thundershowers every now and then that produce 2-3" of rain at a time.

Shoveled several times this winter, only one snow (Feb 11) worthy of a snowblower (I still shoveled lol). Still many mornings of scraping the car, and roads seemed as salt blasted as always though. This winter was a slap in the face but at least we have had our slap...so next year things will probably be much better and seem even better than that. (I was worried how I would feel when we finally got an average winter, after year after year being 1, 2, 3 FEET above normal. Well I didnt have to worry about an average year, I was slapped right in the face with 2011-12).

I usually go a tad extreme on my declaration of seasons beginning and ending, but this one is over. Winter 2011-2012 is officially in the books. I don't even see a surprise storm or anything. The jet is so far north its ridiculous now.

I usually go a tad extreme on my declaration of seasons beginning and ending, but this one is over. Winter 2011-2012 is officially in the books. I don't even see a surprise storm or anything. The jet is so far north its ridiculous now.

Except it's still entirely possible we'll get phases...although they may lead more towards heavy rain/severe weather threats given the upcoming temperature pattern/anomalies.

Archived