• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Light snow threat (forecast, not OBS) Wednesday/Thursday (Feb 8-9 2012)

famartin

:lmao:

Mt. Trappe never reported on the last snowfall event. Maybe the spotter got the :axe:

---

Very nice agreement on the models at this point.

The Mt. Trappe snow total is no doubt taken at Spring Mountain, where they have at least a couple inches of packed slop. :P

Regarding accumulations for tomorrow's event, marginal temps and not-real-heavy precip rates don't exactly inspire me to think we'll see much more than a grassy coating - unless a decent portion of the qpf falls after 6 PM.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Mt. Trappe snow total is no doubt taken at Spring Mountain, where they have at least a couple inches of packed slop. :P

Regarding accumulations for tomorrow's event, marginal temps and not-real-heavy precip rates don't exactly inspire me to think we'll see much more than a grassy coating - unless a decent portion of the qpf falls after 6 PM.

This time of year you are generally good to go if the snow starts around 3. The sun is quite low in the sky then.

Latest from JB on tomorrow's "event" and the weekend "sneak attack"

"you can see why I think this will carry accumulating snow in the areas I have. Following it the arctic avenger cuts southeast by 120 and this could wind up producing more snow north of the mason dixon line and especially in southern New england and NYC this weekend where very low thicknesses and the low level trough left behind from the transfer of energy from the arctic wave to the storm bombing off the east coast will present a nasty forecast headache"

to be fair, a chunk of the precip south/east of 295 may fall as rain or slop mix before changeover. They may win on QPF but not necessarily get more accumulation since temps down there are gonna be a touch higher and things a bit more marginal...

The Euro last night was playing up the coating angle as well...I can buy that to the Parkway in South Jersey...not sure if they'll jackpot...

to be fair, a chunk of the precip south/east of 295 may fall as rain or slop mix before changeover. They may win on QPF but not necessarily get more accumulation since temps down there are gonna be a touch higher and things a bit more marginal...

The Euro last night was playing up the coating angle as well...I can buy that to the Parkway in South Jersey...not sure if they'll jackpot...

I could not agree more. East wind all day=mid 40's

Looks like I'm going to have a fun time trucking tomorrow night. My shift starts at 2:00PM and I run 309 over the Blue from Hazleton to Fogelsville.

Yes temps look good but I think the "brunt" (if brunt is the right word) of the precip falls to our south.

I am optimistically thinking a dusting - 0.5" tomorrow evening.

Already starting to put brine down around here.

Really gotta believe they're cahoots with the auto industry. Never seen such deterioration of car

components since they've been putting down this brine crap. I've had power steering lines, tranny lines, differential covers, bolts simply disintegrate. How did we ever survive without it?

Wxsim with 12z data has a mix of rain and snow starting near 3pm tomorrow in NW Chesco....quickly becoming all snow and becoming briefly moderate by 6pm. The snow should end by 9pm with total accumulation of 1 or 2". We are currently running at 69% of normal snow to date with a current deficit of 5.7"

Really gotta believe they're cahoots with the auto industry. Never seen such deterioration of car

components since they've been putting down this brine crap. I've had power steering lines, tranny lines, differential covers, bolts simply disintegrate. How did we ever survive without it?

Around here they got a grant for snow removal stuff, and if they don't use it, they lose it. So I can somewhat understand it.

I could see around an inch or so of snow "falling" around here (SRN NJ), not sure how much of that we're going to lose to melting.

It's a sad winter when a 1"-2" event is "interesting" to folks....

people say the same thing every winter (maybe not 09-10, but almost every winter). the fact of the matter is there arent all that many snow events in this region, and people are interested in this type of event almost every year.

Archived