• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
my latest CWG look, on to February

usedtobe

It does and investing is not a strong point.  We've lsot oney since the market tanked and never completely recovered.  I do think Jan 5-11 is a window where we have a chance for a snowstorm as the PNA spikes.  I suspect there will be a another spike later in the month.

Just for you bro, bust and we all still love ya, weenie map enclosed

Although we know MJO forecasting isn't always very good, it's the first time all winter that it tries to show convection making it towards the dateline. It at least gives a boost or evidence, to the idea of building ridging out west. Earlier this winter when models were trying to show ridging into AK and falling AO, the MJO progs were hanging out at phase 4. How long it lasts is the question, and probably will depend partly on how the MJO behaves.

In other words you gaurentee that we will get more than 0.0" of snow in February. You are absolutely positive I do not get 0.0" during the month of February. Then I shall mark your words.

DCA actually did receive 0.0" of snow in February 1977. And oddly, that was an El Nino year.

Let's hope the NAO and AO cooperate.

Those teleconnections are more responsible for our horrid winter this year than the weak/moderate Nina.

Not completely true. The la nina makes it hard to get decent snow storms. The horrid Ao and NAO have made it even harder. The euro and its ens mean still looked to have a window of opportunity starting around the 5th. It also is showing the seeds of how that window could close.

Archived