12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January 20-21 2012 Snowstorm OBS & Disco

earthlight

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 21z SREFs are 25-50 miles south of the 15z mean with the 850 0c line at 24 hours. I think that about puts a halt to the north trend -- but we will see. The 00z runs will have all the new stuff ingested.

srefs still adjusting from how north they were IMHO, and the fricking etas much everything up

srefs still adjusting from how north they were IMHO, and the fricking etas much everything up

Yeah there were two members which had the 850 0c line into New York State at 15z. There were several which were very far south of the mean as well, though...so I think it's about even in the end. The bottom line is they ticked south a tiny bit.

Yeah there were two members which had the 850 0c line into New York State at 15z. There were several which were very far south of the mean as well, though...so I think it's about even in the end. The bottom line is they ticked south a tiny bit.

Yeah and I wouldnt be surrpised at times if the WRF ones do too. They are running on the old WRFV2.0.

time for another SREF upgrade, it was supposed to happen last summer, never did.

nah dude, long beach island is def first.

The warmth is coming from SW to NE, so if anyone on Long Island changes over (not definite but I'd say more than 50%), we'd probably be first. :(

I don't think anyone up here changes over until there's a good 3 or 4" already on the ground.

No one's getting plain rain until you're down to the NJ shore. The possible issue here is icing from freezing rain. It does happen from time to time even here-2/1 last year was really nasty. Probably 0.4" of ice that morning.

nah dude, long beach island is def first.

Before MTK? No way no how! MTK rained through most of boxing day and i didn't have more then 3 sleet pellets.(just one of hundreds of historical examples) The south fork especially the eastern portion is surrounded by water on 3 sides and a east flow there (like the jersey shore) is an onshore flow. The western long island south shore is not onshore in a east flow. Guess what the low level flow will be during this event? EAST so explain to me how Long Beach changes before Montauk?

Before MTK? No way no how! MTK rained through most of boxing day and i didn't have more then 3 sleet pellets.(just one of hundreds of historical examples) The south fork especially the eastern portion is surrounded by water on 3 sides and a east flow there (like the jersey shore) is an onshore flow. The western long island south shore is not onshore in a east flow. Guess what the low level flow will be during this event? EAST so explain to me how Long Beach changes before Montauk?

it was sarcasm...

Archived