• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 20th snow event part 2

Thundersnow12

Now we are going into the "I am going to go with the best model that suits me" deal. Personally, I am just having fun watching the models hash this out. I think this one will surprise a few for sure. Everyone take a chill pill and try and get a little rest after the EURO. You don't want to be sleeping during the actual storm. I made that mistake today ;)

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one thing we definitely have going for us up north is LOT just issued a WSW; what happened the last time they issued a warning? The top storm amounts ended up shifting north a bit.

Yeah really. Given the GFS is further south, a north shift would be good here too! :thumbsup:

Sometimes WAA snows end up migrating more north then predicted. Going to be interesting tomorrow.

DVN ponders upgrade but passes the buck onto the morning shift...justifiably they want to see the full 00Z suite first. . .

Probably a good idea. The Euro has been pretty dry for the QC the past several runs, so the new 00z should be interesting. If the Euro comes in wetter for the I-80 zone I'll definitely start to buy in.

Don't troll me. The S shifts we are talking here are mild w.r.t the Euro track across southern IA and central NE 3-4 days ago which it then shifted through southern MN.

So do you think the precip shield that is forming will be making a turn to the ESE soon, or could you see something like the Euro from a few days ago playing out?

2/6/07 says hi.

Then again I think the worst of that may have been to your south tsnow.

Those obs are fun. Exhibit A: Waukegan with moderate snow and a temp just below zero.

METAR KUGN 061552Z 29003KT 1/2SM SN VV010 M18/M22 A3027 RMK AO2 SNB18 SLP284 P0000 T11831217

Archived