Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
January 12-14 Winter Storm Part 2

Hoosier

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Visibility just took a serious nosedive here. I'd estimate at half a mile.

An update just for us lol

ADDED A FEW TENTHS OF SNOWFALL TONIGHT ESPECIALLY IN THE LAFAYETTE   AREA DUE TO RADAR TRENDS AND REPORTS OF 2 INCHES PLUS THERE ALREADY   WHICH WILL BRING THEIR TOTAL SNOWFALL FORECAST THROUGH FRIDAY TO 3   TO 4 INCHES...SO MADE UPDATE TO THE WINTER WEATHER   ADVISORY...HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK AND WEATHER STORY IN ADDITION   TO THE GRIDS.

ADDED A FEW TENTHS OF SNOWFALL TONIGHT ESPECIALLY IN THE LAFAYETTE   AREA DUE TO RADAR TRENDS AND REPORTS OF 2 INCHES PLUS THERE ALREADY   WHICH WILL BRING THEIR TOTAL SNOWFALL FORECAST THROUGH FRIDAY TO 3   TO 4 INCHES...SO MADE UPDATE TO THE WINTER WEATHER   ADVISORY...HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK AND WEATHER STORY IN ADDITION   TO THE GRIDS.

Nice. Considering we are quickly approaching 3 inches, 2-4" calls may be in trouble.

Snow Freezing Fog, Visibility 0.50 miles - for Waukegan Airport near where I am. NW wind 14 mph/gusts to 21mph. Looks like some good lake enhancement starting south of Sheboygan, WI and continuing all the way down to Chicago. Snowflakes aren't huge, but not tiny either.

ADDED A FEW TENTHS OF SNOWFALL TONIGHT ESPECIALLY IN THE LAFAYETTE AREA DUE TO RADAR TRENDS AND REPORTS OF 2 INCHES PLUS THERE ALREADY WHICH WILL BRING THEIR TOTAL SNOWFALL FORECAST THROUGH FRIDAY TO 3 TO 4 INCHES...SO MADE UPDATE TO THE WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY...HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK AND WEATHER STORY IN ADDITION TO THE GRIDS.

Nice. Considering we are quickly approaching 3 inches, 2-4" calls may be in trouble.

No harm in busting low blue. I had 2-4" too. :lol:

I just finished reviewing the latest model (RUC, HRRR, NAM, RGEM and GFS) and radar guidance and here's my final call for Toronto:

Trace to 0.4": 100% chance

0.5" to 0.9": 95% chance

1.0" to 1.4": 85% chance

1.5" to 1.7": 65% chance

1.8" to 2.0": 40% chance

2.1" and up: 20% chance

Hoping for the best.

I just finished reviewing the latest model (RUC, HRRR, NAM, RGEM and GFS) and radar guidance and here's my final call for Toronto:

Trace to 0.4": 100% chance

0.5" to 0.9": 95% chance

1.0" to 1.4": 85% chance

1.5" to 1.7": 65% chance

1.8" to 2.0": 40% chance

2.1" and up: 20% chance

Hoping for the best.

I'd put the 50th percentile at around an inch, but otherwise, I agree with the range.

was almost right LAF would get more snow than mke. sure hope toronto can pull something out its fanny.... not lookiing good at all for the 20" bet. LAF and Toronto both getting more than MKE still has both legs.

LSE's total helped today. LAF's luck is almost as good as MKE's is bad. I so thought they'd be good for 5-7". What do you have at your place?

Archived