• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Deal or Dud? Will winter ever arrive?

WilkesboroDude

I also want to take this time during the break to tell everyone this will be my last SE storm. I'm relocating to Washington DC for work. Its been a great 6 years between here and Eastern..... I'll still stop by to follow you guys and the great mets on here. I hope this can come through for us.

Dude! No good! You'll be a big mid Atlantic guy now. :) Good luck, though up in the Cap.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also want to take this time during the break to tell everyone this will be my last SE storm. I'm relocating to Washington DC for work. Its been a great 6 years between here and Eastern..... I'll still stop by to follow you guys and the great mets on here. I hope this can come through for us.

Best of luck in your new position. I hope you enjoy DC, you will be missed here!

the NAM is setting the table at 84. Both GFS and NAM now have enough western energy topping the ridge that it could develop or absorb the southwest cutoff just after 84 hours. This fits the pattern this year , of systems breaking as they pass over the western ridge. Since we're entering a new pattern, it only remains to be seen if this trend continues, even with 2 models now showing it. Splitting flow, deep Eastern Canada vortex, southerly tracking system and Arctic air entrenched in most of the nation at 84 to 120 hours is a legitimate setup for Wintry weather in the upper South.

post-38-0-97230600-1326166081.gif

looks like this run is going to keep the sw cutoff too far out to be affected by the nw diving waves. Its pretty far removed. But its still possible the western wave topping the ridge digs down. This run makes a bigger deal of the initial cold blast and cuts off a vortex.

Amazing to see the NAM so different after 30 hours to the GFS. Well off to bed.

Yep kind of surprised given the NAM solution. Looks like WilkesboroDude might be a goat!

I'm not surprised that we have such disagreement out west early on. Things are on the move and theres a ton going on all of a sudden. None will probably be right. The best bet right now is lay low and wait until the dirt settles, that might take til Wed or Thursday. The way this Winter has gone, it'll never be settled.

I'm not surprised that we have such disagreement out west early on. Things are on the move and theres a ton going on all of a sudden. None will probably be right. The best bet right now is lay low and wait until the dirt settles, that might take til Wed or Thursday. The way this Winter has gone, it'll never be settled.

Well this run of the GFS certainly keeps us cold.

Well this run of the GFS certainly keeps us cold.

Yeah it made a bigger deal of the cold push and dug it deeper and was slow to move. There's so much energy in the west its going to be hard to have enough separation for that other wave to dig and cause its own storm. Can't say which run is right yet, there could be a surprise anyway. At 120, there is the nice digging s/w that was supposed to be more toward the Rockies. But it's too late on this run and too far east.

Archived