Toothache
Deal or Dud? Will winter ever arrive?

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

little early hope you didn't jinx it :thumbsup:

Nothing wrong with a dud. This thread is a win either way. (:

Other thread was getting long and random about torchy EURO weeklies and GFS candy back in forth. Seeing how if this storm were to develop, it would be this Sunday so it's starting to get out of that long/mid range.

LOL no boy here. Grown azz man. I have been watching Van for 2 decades and he sucks. Eric Chilton is the only reliable Met around here. Van called for a light dusting on the Jan. 2000 2 feet storm.

Chilton is by far the worse but i am not going to even start, i can write a book on how much he has missed, fox fired him. Christmas storm was a huge bust for him. Watch his 7 day temps and keep up how much he changes daily. Good luck with him, also glad you are grown up

Well, uh, it is the mid to long-range thread...

Really jumped the gun on this one.

It's not forecasting waiting a day or two before a deal or dud type of scenario. Don't tell me you guys won't be posting tonight's model runs on this system! There's your fun even if it is a dud.

More people will tune in for the discussions separated from the long range negativity on a 50page thread.

The way the GFS has this event portrayed reminds me of the November 2000 event. That one was a total surprise, I don't think anyone was watching it (because it was November?).

There was no cutoff but the upper levels looked similar with ridging in nw and western Canada, with a strong s/w diving down far south, and the Upper South had just enough cold air in place for overrunning to surprise snow, around 3" in my town. Was pretty much melted by dark, thanks to the warm ground. I'm not saying this will work out like that at all. Just some similarities in the portrayal. It was a flat wave that took a pretty far south track.

Current GFS:

post-38-0-58962900-1326159679.gif

Nov 19, 2000

post-38-0-56242800-1326159620.gif

post-38-0-47947200-1326159607.gif

post-38-0-71295600-1326159660.gif

Let's bring it dude!! Go down in a blaze of glory! either way! This snow :weenie: is ridin the sled :sled: I'm all in!!....trying to get the good mojo goin lately....snowflake paited on my toes, let it snow banner in the yard, snow kitchen towel, snow paper towels, snow pajamas, snowflake napkin holder complete with let it snow napkins, let it snow bracelet hangin on the rearview in the white 4runnner, snow crystals iphone cover, and lastly, sparkling snow bath and body works soap.

So what's that sayin about a scooby doo nite....Man was the fog crazy thick last nite and tonite....Tonite was wierd looking.....Full moon, cloud rings dancing in and around it....straight outa a scooby doo cartoon! So that means however many scooby snacks he eats, that's how many inches of snow we get :lmao:

Ok....I'll go take my medication now :lmao::bag:

The way the GFS has this event portrayed reminds me of the November 2000 event. That one was a total surprise, I don't think anyone was watching it (because it was November?).

There was no cutoff but the upper levels looked similar with ridging in nw and western Canada, with a strong s/w diving down far south, and the Upper South had just enough cold air in place for overrunning to surprise snow, around 3" in my town. Was pretty much melted by dark, thanks to the warm ground. I'm not saying this will work out like that at all. Just some similarities in the portrayal. It was a flat wave that took a pretty far south track.

Current GFS:

post-38-0-58962900-1326159679.gif

Nov 19, 2000

post-38-0-56242800-1326159620.gif

post-38-0-47947200-1326159607.gif

post-38-0-71295600-1326159660.gif

you need to be a history teacher. Good information

you need to be a history teacher. Good information

I just remembered it lol. Total wx nerd here, and I used to have a heck of a memory on dates and setups, precise times , minutes and degrees, all that. I'm getting old now. Thank goodness we have the internet and I wrote a few things down along the way.

I remember Nov 2000. It was on a Sunday come out of church and the ground was white. Beautiful and forecast was for cold rain possibly mixed with a few wet flakes if the precip rates where steady enough. It's linked off the RAH NWS> Beleive it was the 17th of November, earliest I've ever witnessed accum snow. Good luck with the thread/mojo. Hopefully it will continue to grow some length to those legs tonight. The Euro is 0 for 1 this season with back to back snow hit for MBY inside 7 days. This is the first time the GFS has stepped up to the plate for an at-bat inside 7 days.

Because I have no clue which thread we will be posting in...

Check out the NAM at 84 it has our energy already moving into TX with that other parcel of energy coming down the Rockies....does that energy phase later on down stream if you extrapolate the NAM? This GFS run might get pretty interesting if the NAM is any indicator...unless I'm totally reading this wrong.

I also want to take this time during the break to tell everyone this will be my last SE storm. I'm relocating to Washington DC for work. Its been a great 6 years between here and Eastern..... I'll still stop by to follow you guys and the great mets on here. I hope this can come through for us.

Because I have no clue which thread we will be posting in...

Check out the NAM at 84 it has our energy already moving into TX with that other parcel of energy coming down the Rockies....does that energy phase later on down stream if you extrapolate the NAM? This GFS run might get pretty interesting if the NAM is any indicator...unless I'm totally reading this wrong.

It's a good look, better than Euro which had it almost clipper like.

I also want to take this time during the break to tell everyone this will be my last SE storm. I'm relocating to Washington DC for work. Its been a great 6 years between here and Eastern..... I'll still stop by to follow you guys and the great mets on here. I hope this can come through for us.

Traitor! Good luck, hopefully you get some good winters up there.

Archived