joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 12-14 Potential storm

dilly84

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this a storm thread or the AGW/debbie downer/winter cancel crowd thread? :lol:

seriously, brutal thread.

Anyways plenty of the 0z GFS ensemble members develope a storm, as does the 0z Euro, no reason to abandon ship yet, not sure why anyone would expect clarity in phase timing issues at this range.

seriously, brutal thread.

Anyways plenty of the 0z GFS ensemble members develope a storm, as does the 0z Euro, no reason to abandon ship yet, not sure why anyone would expect clarity in phase timing issues at this range.

6z GEFS look like they continue the ideas of the 0z run. A lot have something, but like you said it's too early to get up or down. Long ways to go, but definitely worth watching.

my bad. I felt some of the crticisms of David Philips should be addressed though.

I'll bring it around....

snow chances with this storm look like sh*t.

Hey, it has its time and place...but probably in the general January thread or the CC forum. Not trying to single you out or anything, but it just seems like there is little storm talk...not to mention the doom and gloomers about this winter that appeared. Again probably not the thread. Not that I helped any in the beginning with the bet talk. Anyways, carry on...don't mind me. :)

my bad. I felt some of the crticisms of David Philips should be addressed though.

I'll bring it around....

snow chances with this storm look like sh*t.

Still lots of time left for this to change. Again timing is everything. If it can phase later than what the ECMWF depicts then things could get interesting but an earlier phase or no phase could mean mixing.

We may have a neutral PNA and neutral NAO around this time frame, perhaps a slightly EB -NAO anomaly and neutral EPO so anything is possible. Given its over 100 hours out, I remain optimistic right now.

Though this storm does look to be the pattern changer, so thats one good outcome at this point in time.

Still lots of time left for this to change. Again timing is everything. If it can phase later than what the ECMWF depicts then things could get interesting but an earlier phase or no phase could mean mixing.

We may have a neutral PNA and neutral NAO around this time frame, perhaps a slightly EB -NAO anomaly and neutral EPO so anything is possible. Given its over 100 hours out, I remain optimistic right now.

Though this storm does look to be the pattern changer, so thats one good outcome at this point in time.

I'm not real optimistic, at least for snow chances here with this storm. Any time you need two discrete s/ws to interact with each other with no margin for error spatially or temporally, you have a textbook "thread the needle event".

I'm just glad that it looks like this storm will be the catalyst for (or at least coincide with) the pattern change.

I'm not real optimistic, at least for snow chances here with this storm. Any time you need two discrete s/ws to interact with each other with no margin for error spatially or temporally, you have a textbook "thread the needle event".

I'm just glad that it looks like this storm will be the catalyst for (or at least coincide with) the pattern change.

This right here is why if we miss out on something I won't be sad as I know this will set the stage for other things further down the road.

Boy that is one hell of a dryslot lol.

Edit: The 18hrs leading up to that image are pretty damn good for most of us. Also note, as I mentioned before the GGEM dove that Southern stream energy further Southwest and ended up producing a much much more amplified system.

Boy that is one hell of a dryslot lol.

Edit: The 18hrs leading up to that image are pretty damn good for most of us. Also note, as I mentioned before the GGEM dove that Southern stream energy further Southwest and ended up producing a much much more amplified system.

Yep, it was a nice run and a nice shift from 0z. Looking forward to the 12z Euro.

Dr. No will lead the bunch... Throw away the GFS and CMC to be honest. The doctor will lead the way... Probably won't lock in on something till Saturday.. I never take the GFS beyond day 5...

The Euro has been more phased than the OP GFS for a few runs now....my guess is it remains so.

Through hr 96, Euro has the (stronger) southern energy quite a bit further SW than the GFS, similar to the GGEM.

Stebo and I were talking about it on the last page, but this is a double whammy, vorts in the SW are always a pain and the difficulties pegging strength and location of our Pac kicker are well documented.

Yep, until we get some decent sampling, it will be tough to gauge the speed/amplitude of the two energies, so it's tough to forecast wheter or not and where a phase would occur.

Stebo and I were talking about it on the last page, but this is a double whammy, vorts in the SW are always a pain and the difficulties pegging strength and location of our Pac kicker are well documented.

Euro looks slower will the northern branch compared to the GGEM, so not expecting anything GGEM like as far as phasing goes.

The Euro is also slower/west with the southern piece, but obv a ridic amped solution like the GGEM is unlikely, lol at that Alabama to Detroit to Milwaukee low track.

Archived