• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OK / AR / KS / MO Winter 2013-2014

okie333

Yea man one quick thing if you ever get one, never leave it sit in a cold area! Mine has been acting up and not taking good pics compared to what it has in the past :( , I think the cold garage screwed the optic lense up somehow. Oh well I been wanting to upgrade anyhow lol. Gonna post a link to the pics here shortly if you or anyone else on here wants to see em.

Awesome. Thanks!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds about right, it snowed pretty good here throughout the day off and on! Im sure it ammounted somewhere but the winds, well ya know lol. I did manage to brave the windchills outside and took a walk to snap off a few photos!!! Its really beautiful here I think when it snows. The bad thing is they are horrid with the roads here in fayetteville, really horrid and probly the worst I have ever seen. All the backroads are just solid ice once again.

Fayetteville's reported accumulation was 2.0". Although the Airport has been recording data since 1999, making this the largest snowfall since that time, Fayetteville actually had a 3.6" snowfall on this date in 1960.

Largest since 1999. The downtown station reported a larger snowfall in 1960. If one took both stations and threaded them into a continuous record, today's snowfall would have been the second largest on record for the date going back to 1892.

Wow! That's crazy. I would have never guessed it was that low. It is crazy what a difference 40 miles west makes. I get depressed if it only snows 2 inches here.

Wow! That's crazy. I would have never guessed it was that low. It is crazy what a difference 40 miles west makes. I get depressed if it only snows 2 inches here.

No disrespect but I lived there a few winters and they have had many snows larger than that. Are we talking about Fayetteville, AR?

Ok NM I just read he meant largest on this date lol.

Well, if you get sick of the cold, the 00z Euro says it may be in the 50's and 60's this weekend. 

Before that, there is still that system on Wed/Early Thurs which might be a mixed bag, and a system on Friday which should be rain.

Yea Jomo Im curious to see what wednesday night/thursday mornings system will do, sounds like things could get icy for a bit. ALso not sure if you care but I posted a link up above awhile back of some pics I took of the lil snows we got here. How much did you get up there in joplin?

Nice pics, you're down there in the hills of Arkansas. (they don't call them mountains, do they?)

Anyway, we picked up about 5" here by the time it was all said and done. Joplin clears the main roads but doesn't really clear the side streets. It'll melt off in a couple of days though. 

Nice pics, you're down there in the hills of Arkansas. (they don't call them mountains, do they?)

Anyway, we picked up about 5" here by the time it was all said and done. Joplin clears the main roads but doesn't really clear the side streets. It'll melt off in a couple of days though. 

I dont think they do but I do lol! I come from flatland jersey so anything above sea level is a mountain to me haha. They dont even clear the main roads well here, I just dont think they have much equipment in this area im not 100 percent sure. Nice so whats your total so far for the season like 15" allready now? Probly around 9" here now so far.

Yeah, they have not made it official yet because of situations like this year. It was likely scheduled there. After this week, we shall see if they "move" it.

Sitting at -10º this morning on my own weather station... which doesn't have a cold bias. Brrr... I feel for the homeless population or those without proper heating.

Wednesday's system has my attention, but seems to be downplayed by local NWS offices. Models are a bit more bullish than they are yet. We shall see. I am ready for those 50s and 60s advertised... if only for a couple of days. ;)

Yeah, they have not made it official yet because of situations like this year. It was likely scheduled there. After this week, we shall see if they "move" it.

Sitting at -10º this morning on my own weather station... which doesn't have a cold bias. Brrr... I feel for the homeless population or those without proper heating.

Wednesday's system has my attention, but seems to be downplayed by local NWS offices. Models are a bit more bullish than they are yet. We shall see. I am ready for those 50s and 60s advertised... if only for a couple of days. ;)

Brrrrr cold! Got down to -3 here according to my weather station. Im curious as well with wednesday night/thursday morning. They did not seem to talk about it much at all here either idk. I cant believe its supposed to be that warm this weekend!!!! Wait yes I can, this is the midwest lol.

Yeah, looks like we will have one more bout of wintry weather before we warm up. One thing this winter pattern has suppressed is the severe weather threat.

Yup. I don't think I'll make it to double digits here in Adair county, OK today. If I do it will only be for an hour or so. Snow cover is really keeping the cold locked down over the NE corner of Oklahoma.

Brrrrr cold! Got down to -3 here according to my weather station. Im curious as well with wednesday night/thursday morning. They did not seem to talk about it much at all here either idk. I cant believe its supposed to be that warm this weekend!!!! Wait yes I can, this is the midwest lol.

Minus 3 here in NE OK this morning too. Frozen water lines and a very rough start to the day working in the elements all day. Brrrr! Up to a balmy 5 degrees now. Woohoo! Lol

It did not get as cold down here in Central OK as it did for you folks to our north and east, but it was still plenty cold with a low of 6 F (with essentially no snowcover) last night.  It was cold enough in fact for Oklahoma City Public Schools to cancel classes for the day purely due to the temperatures and wind chills.     

12z Euro data was slow to come in and the ensemble data was incomplete.  Still looking pretty good after the warmup as ridging redevelops near/over Alaska and connects over the pole. I think JB is on to something with the JMA model, it seems to be outperforming the other models at least at 500 MB in the long range. It nailed the pattern back in Nov/Dec and it would appear that it's going to get the upcoming pattern correct as well.

12z Euro data was slow to come in and the ensemble data was incomplete. Still looking pretty good after the warmup as ridging redevelops near/over Alaska and connects over the pole. I think JB is on to something with the JMA model, it seems to be outperforming the other models at least at 500 MB in the long range. It nailed the pattern back in Nov/Dec and it would appear that it's going to get the upcoming pattern correct as well.

Just have to have a little faith in the cyclical nature of this winter pattern overall. The ridge may move but it won't disappear for some time. :-) Any news on the SSW event? It would be crazy if it coincided with the next arctic blast that is already due just outside of forecast range wouldn't it? It would be some kind of crazy cold around here.

Just have to have a little faith in the cyclical nature of this winter pattern overall. The ridge may move but it won't disappear for some time. :-) Any news on the SSW event? It would be crazy if it coincided with the next arctic blast that is already due just outside of forecast range wouldn't it? It would be some kind of crazy cold around here.

No update on the SSW event. If the ridge does connect over the top, it will probably get pretty cold again.

Archived