joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OK / AR / KS / MO Winter 2013-2014

okie333

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blah.. It's over for us. Maybe an inch, but the sheet of ice underneath is ridiculous. Wrecks everywhere. If it could've pulled literally 25-50 miles south, we would've been in the. 3-5 range. Sucks :( Oh well just wasn't our storm I guess. The other storm we were too north, this one we were too south...maybe the next one will be just right? I would love to be in Indiana or St Louis right now!

It finally switched over here early early this morning. Was nothing but really light snow though, nws popped another extension to the wwa going until 2. For a bit there it was really big fluffy flakes but light in nature. Really hard to tell what we got here with the crazy wind, the front porch rails where the wind dont get to looks like close to 2" on those. The wind chill is the big deal! Extremely cold out there when that wind hits you!!!

The next system on the 8th-9th is going to be close as far as surface temps go. There will probably be more sleet and freezing rain vs snow though if we get frozen precip.

After that is the warmup and another system that looks like rain. From there things become a little less clear. 

One thing to watch over the next few weeks will be the stratospheric warming event taking place. If this continues, it will probably stretch, displace, or weaken the polar vortex... That usually results in a better chance of a -AO with colder air making it farther south.

temp10anim.gif

Well we have a -AO right now, it looks to rise back into positive territory though before it settles back to a more neutral position. We are going to lose the -EPO as it goes strongly positive and that is going to make Arctic air scarce. It would still probably be cold enough to snow on the NW side of a strong system though due to the time of year and the temps naturally being at their coldest levels this time of year. The 12z Euro Ensembles come out shortly and we'll see how long the warmer temps will last in the upcoming warmup. 

It's going to be displaced by troughing and we lose the connection across Alaska but you're right, it doesn't disappear. The quicker we flush the troughing out and get the -EPO back along with the cold connection, the better. :)

Here's to hoping because I made a pretty bold prediction for winter back in late october. Top 10 cold and top 20 snowiest winter. Lol. I think I finished tied for 14th on cold in December and not sure about where snow ranked but I know it was up there. Need 2 more months of this to make a great forecast or I will have a bust on my hands.

The 12z Euro Ensembles have warmer than normal temps (once they get here) until the 17th or so, and then temps waffle between slightly warmer than normal to slightly cooler than normal out to the end of the run. The control run actually has a stronger Arctic air push but it pushes to the east fairly rapidly. Looks like Arctic air will be available back in Canada around Day 11 and it will remain there until the end of the run... centering over south central Canada by the end of the run. 

Finally got bored enough to take a little drive and look around. Looks like 1 inch in the west part of my county to just over 2 inches along US 62 heading into Arkansas. Points a little south of the highway may have gotten more but didn't want to get off main road any more than I had to.

Sounds about right, it snowed pretty good here throughout the day off and on! Im sure it ammounted somewhere but the winds, well ya know lol. I did manage to brave the windchills outside and took a walk to snap off a few photos!!! Its really beautiful here I think when it snows. The bad thing is they are horrid with the roads here in fayetteville, really horrid and probly the worst I have ever seen. All the backroads are just solid ice once again.

Sounds about right, it snowed pretty good here throughout the day off and on! Im sure it ammounted somewhere but the winds, well ya know lol. I did manage to brave the windchills outside and took a walk to snap off a few photos!!! Its really beautiful here I think when it snows. The bad thing is they are horrid with the roads here in fayetteville, really horrid and probly the worst I have ever seen. All the backroads are just solid ice once again.

Yeah. I always say this is one of the most beautiful places there is when it snows. I absolutely just love going out and looking at everything. I did see some of the largest drifts I ever saw a 2 inch snow make I think. Lol. They were awesome. I was outside getting wood in for about 10 minutes and I was miserable. Lol. Very cold. Brrrr!

Yeah. I always say this is one of the most beautiful places there is when it snows. I absolutely just love going out and looking at everything. I did see some of the largest drifts I ever saw a 2 inch snow make I think. Lol. They were awesome. I was outside getting wood in for about 10 minutes and I was miserable. Lol. Very cold. Brrrr!

I havent seen many drifts but yea I agree on the scenery here, I have lived in a lot of states and areas and really this area is beautiful! Of course I think the neatest(in my opinion) is up in bella vista with all the different rock formations, that place is wicked awesome looking especially when you see mammoth 10ft icicles hanging off them! And yep usually I can handle the cold but these windchills were enough to make even me turn around lol. I wanted to head to the local bike trail and take some pics of this cool stream along it, really awesome area. Maybe another time, need to get my damn mtn bike fixed first!

Yeah, if we don't get back in school who knows when graduation will be for this year's senior class. That create a problem for you MoWeatherguy? LOL! LOL! :)

I will be anxiously watching Wednesday's system. Ice on leftover snow is a bad combination.

Yes it does 24/7. What is the current estimated grad date? I have a daughter graduating college May 16 which I heard is the prelim date for high school. Could be a conflict.

I havent seen many drifts but yea I agree on the scenery here, I have lived in a lot of states and areas and really this area is beautiful! Of course I think the neatest(in my opinion) is up in bella vista with all the different rock formations, that place is wicked awesome looking especially when you see mammoth 10ft icicles hanging off them! And yep usually I can handle the cold but these windchills were enough to make even me turn around lol. I wanted to head to the local bike trail and take some pics of this cool stream along it, really awesome area. Maybe another time, need to get my damn mtn bike fixed first!

Yeah, I don't have many good rock formations nearby. It would be awesome to go up through there sometime. Keep telling myself I'm going to buy a good camera too. Never happens. Lol.

Yeah, I don't have many good rock formations nearby. It would be awesome to go up through there sometime. Keep telling myself I'm going to buy a good camera too. Never happens. Lol.

Yea man one quick thing if you ever get one, never leave it sit in a cold area! Mine has been acting up and not taking good pics compared to what it has in the past :( , I think the cold garage screwed the optic lense up somehow. Oh well I been wanting to upgrade anyhow lol. Gonna post a link to the pics here shortly if you or anyone else on here wants to see em.

Archived